Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High(er) Capacity magazines for the Marvel .22?

diehli

Anyone know if these are on the horizon? It occurs to me that it's pretty much NOT going to happen with Ruger (since they were, in essence, the originators of the ban in the first place), so I'm wondering if there will be a .22 pistol out there that'll hold more than 10+1 and will be accurate and reliable. Having it on an STI frame would be a bonus, but 12+ rounds would be a nice no-ban touch.

Anyone know if these are on the horizon? It occurs to me that it's pretty much NOT going to happen with Ruger (since they were, in essence, the originators of the ban in the first place), so I'm wondering if there will be a .22 pistol out there that'll hold more than 10+1 and will be accurate and reliable. Having it on an STI frame would be a bonus, but 12+ rounds would be a nice no-ban touch.

How sweet would that be!!!!

20+ rounds of .22 on your STI/SVI. SWEEEEEEEET!!!

Rich

my CZ-75 "kadet" conversion top end has mags that might lend themselves to modification. It's just a liner installed into a limited-length 10 round mag tube.

I have thought that one could: take an original capacity tube, do a little grinding on it to make it look like the old tube so the follower will hit the slide stop, weld a homemade extension to the liner, put it together and end up with a fun-sized .22 mag.

I am much too lazy to give it a try however.

Original factory capacity Ciener mags were 15 rds.  I have a couple.  I will have try them with the Marvel.  Hopefully they will make the 15rd mags again if we ask them nicely........

I made several STI/Ceiner mags using single-stack Ceiner mags and old defective STI mag tubes as shims. They work in the Marvel, but aren't terribly reliable.

Marvel mags are slightly modified ACE mags. Find a long one of those, bolt it in the spacers and you're good to go.

Doug,

Years ago (1990?) when I had a nice ACE conversion fitted to a frame I was looking for more than 10 rd. mags. I saw the the Cierner mages were 15 rds so I ordered one hoping it would work. It doesn't so I have to still use the ACE mags. Since the Marvel uses ACE mags I will assume that they won't work with the Ciener mags.

Neal in AZ