Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home built CNC Mill - Gonna make a 1911

StraightUp_OG

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That day is fast approaching! LOL

Do they have a 12 step for 1911/2011 addiction?

Oh, why sure. But to make long story about our new 12 step program for our G-U-N section? Ahh, we will need payment in full before treatment, no cash or Insurance and only 2011's shipped to my FFL at this time, and I would not put it off another day looking at your situation. You got it bad! Lol

Edited by a matt

Is there a laundry list somewhere to get everything I need for a CNC G0704?

G0704.com, guys name is Hoss. He's got a monster build thread on cnczone.com too. It's linked from his website. A ton of info to go through.

Or cnc fusion.com sells a hardware kit too.

If all goes well I'm ordering one this week!

Thanks!

No problem! I've been inspired by this thread so thanks to OG!

Hoss has got a lot of info on his site but it's a little unorganized. This page was pretty useful to me in understanding what the electrical side of things looked like http://www.g0704.com/G0704_electronics.html

I was on my phone earlier here's his monster thread on cnczone

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop_machines/111863-hosss_g0704.html

It took me days to read it all, but it was worth it.

His is certainly not the only way to cnc a g0704 but he's done a lot of trial and error for the rest of us for sure.

This is another thread by a benos guy http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop_machines/122462-pm-45_computer-numeric-control_conversion_rf45.html

Not a g0704 but still a great thread on a beautiful cnc build. A lot to learn in there too.

I hope to order my mill this week and have working cnc by the middle of next year. That's my plan anyway, the more I've read the more I've realized how complex the build CAN be. StraightUp's build was AWESOME!!! :cheers:

Take care

Kevin

Is there a laundry list somewhere to get everything I need for a CNC G0704?

At the beginning of this thread I also have a list of what I started with.

A shooting buddy and I have some money, I think this is a great way to spend it.

It is a great way to spend cash! ;-P

Good luck and post in thread with your questions and progress!

1005666_10152419601381091_2030181010_n.j

I am not sure if this slide is actually any thinner. looks like brandon left extra material for gripping at the top. still interesting.

how far forward does the ball cut go?

hrmmmmmmm.

1095073_10152419602961091_521232687_n.jp

1098061_10152419603601091_1718070120_n.j

I cant tell if the entire slide is thinner, Or if it is a blended relief, Or if it is just the oversized cocking serration's that make it look a little thin at the back.

the guy had 3 topends made, thought it would be the last SV he would ever own. Open 9mm, Limited sight tracker 40, L-10 sight tracker .45 acp. Cant imagine the tab on that build, thought the custom engraved ones were probably pricey..... think he won the $$ challenge.

So I have decided, after looking at Glenn's latest stainless build, that I want to try to copy the aesthetic. It is just a super sweet looking heater! I am going to use the LDC and I have an idea for the spring tunnel to help lighten up the slide. I am going to start working on the topend on Friday.

Pics to follow!

It has begun!

Barrel is up tonight!

I need to cut the slot for the rib and the PT frame is cut for a W/N ramp and the barrel is a C/P ramp so need to modify the ramp. The slide to frame fit is the closest I have been off the mill. I should be able to lap it with spit! :goof:

6incher.jpg

Edited by StraightUp_OG