Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Running out of Propane

CZinSC

I hate when I run out of propane in the backyard gas grill. I actually took a step months ago to avoid this problem. I bought a second tank, so that way when I run out, I have a back up.

Guess what i have in my backyard right now?

Yep...TWO empty gas tanks! CRAP!

Only thing worse is to go camping for a week and find out that the two tanks on the trailer are empty and the extra for the grill is too. It got cold that week, so we burnt a lot more than planned.

Lump charcoal and mesquite wood...gas is gay.

I'm surprised it took that long for someone to throw out that argument, so thank you.

I use the charcoal for smoking. The all day affair. If I want something to eat for the meal of the moment, I use the Gas grill. Gas may be gay, but is quick!

FWIW, filled both tanks at Lowes today. I'm good to go until the next time I run out of both!

We got an inch or two of snow today in IA, I was grilling burgers and brats for lunch!

Just because it's cold doesn't mean you have to put the grill away.

This thread has reminded me that my "extra" tank is empty, guess I have #1 on my to-do list tomorrow, thanks!

I hate when I run out of propane in the backyard gas grill. I actually took a step months ago to avoid this problem. I bought a second tank, so that way when I run out, I have a back up.

Guess what i have in my backyard right now?

Yep...TWO empty gas tanks! CRAP!

I've trained my wife -- if there's a propane tank sitting near the back of her car, to take it on her next Wal-Mart or BJ's run and to bring it back full. Works like a charm..... :goof: :goof: