Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good competition holster for production class using Full size USP 40

12bar

Currently using a Front Line Kydex. It works ok and I generally like it but it doesn't quite fully cover the trigger guard.

ROs twice now have commented on it at local range matches but still let me compete saying it was close enough but at major match that it might not fly.

Looking at BladeTech options and they look good.

Any other good options?

Also in the past I be used some Fobus Mag holders which worked well just got some new ones and they are so tight they are useless too bad I took the little red emblem off them before I realized that or I would send them back.

If anyone wants them I'll send them too you free they are useless to me.

Thanks,

Earl

Production Division (shooters are classes) There no local rules in USPSA. Either your holster is legal or it isnt. The RO's need to read the rule book and enforce the rules as written. The "At a big match" excuse is sorry officiating and doesnt belong at a USPSA match. Of course the shooter also has some responsibility here. Unless I am missing something there is no requirement for a holster to completely cover the trigger guard. The rule is

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation

of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

Can you activate the trigger while holstered ?

Joe4d,

In their defense based on the rules then it is completely legal there is no way the trigger could be operated. It was sort of an off hand comment so maybe they were more thinking out loud as they visually inspected my gear.

The local club offers a variety of matches and one was a tactical rifle match that included some pistol and the other was a 3gun fund raiser match.

I am new to USPSA only mentioned production as I will be shooting my unmodified H&K USP.

Thank you for the clarifications,

Earl

Edited by 12bar

I find it interesting that a higher number of holsters do not cover the entire trigger guard area for the USP series. Here's an example - the Safariland Custom Fit series covers the trigger completely when the hammer is down (great for Production Division, for example). But when carrying cocked & locked, the trigger is slightly exposed. I think I've seen a couple of other USP holsters that have this same issue.

photo-4.jpg