Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My SP-O1 Open build on the cheap!

dcloudy777

Alright, I finally got my SP-01 back from Matt Mink with a new trigger and now SAO. I've had my open top end (cannabalized extra CZ75B slide, extended barrel, Deltapoint, LWD comp) done for a few weeks now, so it's time to get out to the range and wring it out. I just shoot 3-gun, so minor is all I need. And I can swap back to LImited in just a few seconds. So far I'm happy!

photo1_zps197f3d54.jpg

DanO

No, it's a 75B slide with the smaller barrel bushing, so the TS barrel wouldn't work without a lot of work. It's a 6" CZ75B barrel from CZC, I fitted it (very easy), and gave it to my machinisy buddy to cut to length and thread to 1/2 X 28 (I also can use it a suppressor host).

It's the factory 26 round magazine. I had to trim the rubber sleeve to work with the magwell, but that was easy. I'm going to try the CZC spring/follower to try an add a round or two, but probably not until after the first of the year.

DanO

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Basically, I found my Kadet kit, and enjoyed it so much that I decided that I'd never but the regular slide back on my CZ75B. That left me with a spare slide, and the project began. Added bonus, with a little surgery, my DOH fit the ray gun just fine, so I don't have to drop $ on a new holster.

DanO