Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I buy a spare Mossberg 930 lifter somewhere?

JesseM

I want to send my lifter off to get it welded but I don't want to take my gun out of commission in the process so I've been scouring the internet for a spare lifter that I can buy to send him. The gun manual says that Mossberg doesn't sell any of the parts in the trigger assembly to anyone that isn't a qualified gunsmith or service center, would they sell one to me anyway?

Jesse I just made this call to Mossberg on Friday. They would not sell the part. I was basically going to post the same thing here to find an answer. I wonder if someone with a FFL could get the part?? If no one knows on here I will call back and ask Mossberg then post.

I will be calling Mossberg tomorrow, my stock pad is coming undone and I'm gonna see if I can get a lifter as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Group buy? Haha

Edited by JesseM

Hello: You can always say I can buy parts from the other brand shotgun company directly so maybe I should have bought their shotgun instead. That usually works well and gets a manager on the phone real quick. I just dont understand this way of thinking or doing business. Selling parts makes money. Car companies have been selling parts for years. Sorry to rant on! Thanks, Eric

I called and convinced them to send me a firing pin and spring a few months ago. At first they said they could not give/sell them to me (gunsmith only story). I said I used the gun in competition and needed the parts for an upcomming match (true), and that I had the gun apart and didn't want to put it back together with the bad parts. the nice lady went off the phone for a moment and came back and said she "checked" and she could send me the spring then while taking my info she said she would be sending me a spring and pin :cheers: . Seems like we (benos members) could get a gunsmith to buy part for us? I would buy some spares.

David E.

• 2 weeks later...

I called and convinced them to send me a firing pin and spring a few months ago. At first they said they could not give/sell them to me (gunsmith only story). I said I used the gun in competition and needed the parts for an upcomming match (true), and that I had the gun apart and didn't want to put it back together with the bad parts. the nice lady went off the phone for a moment and came back and said she "checked" and she could send me the spring then while taking my info she said she would be sending me a spring and pin :cheers: . Seems like we (benos members) could get a gunsmith to buy part for us? I would buy some spares.

David E.

+1 Surely there is a smith here who could facilitate this group buy. I would like some spare parts too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it me, or would it not make business sense to sell parts for guns (via the gun maker)? Make more money? I heard through the grapevine (again, third hand so I can't verify) you won't find any 930 JM Pro's because Mossberg has it priced too low thus profit margin isn't as good as other. As a result, they are concentrating on other more lucrative guns. I know people that have been waiting since July to get one with no luck. Oh well.