Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 doubling

Arlin

I was acting as an RO yesterday with a shooter with a Glock 34 open gun in 9mm minor. His gun would double each time he shot and actually had an AD during his reload.

I have been around many Glocks during my RO/SO days and have never seen a Glock do this. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Arlin

Flexmoney:

He was stopped and the G34 removed from service.

Agent1911:

Match director was on the squad. The shooter was disqualified for unsafe gun handling.

Others:

I suspect the same problem with the trigger but for my own information like to know the reason behind the doubling.

Thanks all for your comments.

Arlin

Arlin,

There are several things that can cause a pistol to double. A trigger bar or firing pin improperly worked can cause one to double and make the pistol illegal.

Some have a very light trigger and pull the trigger again during recoil which is a shooter issue.

1. my g34 has a factory "-" connector in it from the factory......when i shoot it and try to concentrate on shooting from the reset.....it doubled on me as well....i think i like the standard connector better.....p.s i dont shoot compitition...just range time

1. my g34 has a factory "-" connector in it from the factory......when i shoot it and try to concentrate on shooting from the reset.....it doubled on me as well....i think i like the standard connector better.....p.s i dont shoot compitition...just range time

That sounds like a recoil induced 2nd shot. I don't think the connector will cause this. Did you do any work to the trigger bar?

• 2 months later...

I was acting as an RO yesterday with a shooter with a Glock 34 open gun in 9mm minor. His gun would double each time he shot and actually had an AD during his reload.

I have been around many Glocks during my RO/SO days and have never seen a Glock do this. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Arlin

I raise my hand and admit to causing this problem in my glock (but I caught it during test fireing at the range and not at a match)

The contact faces between the striker and trigger bar were worked to improve the fit (as from the factory the fit is not square). By over stoneing the contact points, the engagement between the striker and trigger bar is reduced to almost nill. The doubling is also commonly refered to as "bump fire" induced under recoil as there is insufficient contact between the two faces. My local Glock armorer replaced the parts I screwed up and stoned the faces to improve the contact. Hasn't been a problem since.

Edited by Tom C

If the edge of the connector that the trigger bar rolls on loses its shape from too much polishing and or messing with it it will cause the gun to fire when the trigger is pulled and when the trigger releases.... Making it seem like the gun is doubling.... However if you do not release the trigger it will only shoot once...

13e3e55ac176b16bbb8aa7d122df58b6_zps81ca9d48.jpg

Edited by razerok1