Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can you count?

Steve Anderson

Finally! Now I know what has been holding me back! Those pants must offer some sort of competitive advantage. I must have a pair!

On a more serious note...that was one smoking run. I really need to start working on fundamentals. Sheer luck and speed got me to M, but I think I need to pick up a couple of your books and start working on my draws if I want to go further.

• May I ask why you are feet over on the front of the fault line?

Looks like they're on it, not over it.

Yes, they are not touching the ground but he's up to his heels on the fault line and I just wanted to know if there was a point to it.

Edited by BillD

What's more interesting to me is that tension caused me to fall out of the box after the second string... not ideal.

I ave always liked a foot on the box... not real sure why except that I KNOW where I am if I have a foot on the box.

It's also interesting

a. My current best draw has now occurred at a match instead of practice.

b. The gap between dry fire and live fire is closing rapidly with greater practice.

I love this stuff.

SA

In thinking about this, and the difference between the two runs, it really affirms some strongly held beliefs of mine.

1. If you can do it in dry fire, that WILL manifest in live fire. It simply must. I've been doing 6 reload 6 from my first book in well under 3 seconds in dry fire lately, right on the ragged edge of control, seeing the absolute minimum I need to see to call As. We're talking about zone shots with the dot in constant motion. I have thought in the past that this would CAUSE sloppy shooting. Now I'm learning that once we know what it feels like to REALLY PUSH a skill in dry fire, we can take that FEELING to the match and call every shot at speeds we never thought possible.

2. Calling every shot as the only conscious desire is the FASTEST way to shoot at the match. That was my only desire on string 1. On string 2, my desire was to replicate string 1. I got sucked into expectation...