Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge July 6-7 at The World Shooting Co

Finally got in all my ammo for this event... Got to meet some of my squad a couple weeks ago, looking forward to meeting the rest and putting lead down range with some of the best in the game at this event. Hoping to learn a lot over those 20 stages!

Stoked. :)

Edited by Tactica

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was talking to Aaron earlier today. There are slots available.

Gateway 3-Gun is proud to present the G3G Practical Shotgun Challenge hosted by the World Shooting Recreation Complex in Sparta, IL July 6-7 2013 !!!

Huge Prize Table! Current Sponsors include: AP Customs, Nordic, Brownells, MGM, Shooter's Source, The Korte Company, and BoomerShooter. MANY more sponsors to be added between now and the event.

The World Shooting Recreation Complex is the LARGEST Shotgun facility in the world !!! There will be over 20 Practical Shotgun stages designed by some of the best shooters in the sport spread across the entire facility!

More details to come! On-line registration details coming soon!

Well now I'm torn. There's spots available and a Huge Prize Table.

With less people shooting there may be something for me at the table when they get THAT far down on the score sheet. :roflol:

So I'm thinking less = more. :cheers:

I want on your squad Jesse. That's the only way I'm going to get any better.

I'd try practicing instead. Seeing me shoot super fast accepting a bunchpif musses with my 31 round XRail gun is only going to teach you what not to do. Lol!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Got in another case of low recoil slugs and low recoil buckshot, gonna grab another case of birdshot too........JUST IN CASE I need to reshoot every stage 10 times or something. Oh ya, and if someone is running short and needs some help, I'll have some to help out a little if needed.

This weekend I am going to get the clay thrower out, set up my knockdown steel, knock the plates of my star, and practice reloads over and over and over again. Gotta hustle to make sur ei don't come in last because I don't have a super badass 31rd XRail integrated M2 like the big dogs. ;-)

I want on your squad Jesse. That's the only way I'm going to get any better.

I'd try practicing instead. Seeing me shoot super fast accepting a bunchpif musses with my 31 round XRail gun is only going to teach you what not to do. Lol!
Yep, forgot about your new mini gun. Patrick! ... Pump gun. I guess I will have to manage.

Gun.....check

slugs.....zero'd

birdshot....point of aim verified, shot patterns verified

20ga 00 buck.....functions in gun.....9 pellets too!!

All my gear?.....check

Prize table stuff?.....check

Product for sale?.....maybe

Trinkets?......of course!!

Can I go? yes!!

Do I want to go? Oh yes!!!

Will I go??......still not sure.....toooooo dang busy at the shop!!!!

Gun.....check

slugs.....zero'd

birdshot....point of aim verified, shot patterns verified

20ga 00 buck.....functions in gun.....9 pellets too!!

All my gear?.....check

Prize table stuff?.....check

Product for sale?.....maybe

Trinkets?......of course!!

Can I go? yes!!

Do I want to go? Oh yes!!!

Will I go??......YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for ya.

See ya there.

Is the range going to be open on Friday so we can check out stages?

Jim M.

Range will be open, check-in will start at 5:00 on Friday at the main event building. If anyone would like to start shooting Friday evening to get a couple of stages out of the way please let me know.

ok, ok, ok.... ok

i am signed up. i know its about 350 bird, 30 buck and 30 slug for the match.

But what do we need for the clinic, yeh yeh yeh I'm new.

But how much and what type o load for the clinic.

Thanks. Found it. I know the flight control was thing was changed but I am a little confused by magnum, nitro, or specialty shells. I have some 2 3/4 inch 1 1/4 # 7.5 @ 1330. Good to go or not? Shot size is within rules and the velocity is pretty close to the same as the Nitro 27 or AA super sports. Load weight would be questionable. Should I pack them or not?

How is there "video" from last year if this is the FIRST TIME, THIS YEAR it has been put on???

Don't see a link to any video, bit this is the first year for the Nordic Components Practical Shotgun Challenge at Sparta. Gateway 3-Gun has done a couple of smaller shotgun matches that someone might have footage of, but this will be the first year for this match.

Kurt, any chance of you making it out?

Edited by JTMaddox