Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pro-Series Qualifier

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm guessing if you're ranked #1-47 you can sit this one out right? :eatdrink:

That wat the original plan. Bottom 16 pro series shooters gotta shoot against the Top 25 Semi Pros and any of the Top 5 from the Divisional Series that aren't already in.

7. Pro Series Qualification

7.1: The top five competitors in each of the 3GN Divisional Series divisions will receive an invite to the 2012-2013 3GN Pro Series Qualification match. (Venue TBD). These slots will go to the top five in each division only. Any unused slot will be forfeited and go unused.

I don't think anybody really used this back door into the Shoot In match like they could have. All you woudl have had to do to get into the match was shoot 3 matches in HMO or HMI.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

So we are looking at 45 people shooting, and the top 16 go to the pro series that year?

This is a one day shoot correct?

And here I thought I had a chance....

That's assuming everyone that gets an invite goes to the match. I haven't heard if they will take more than the top 25 semi pros if any of the top 25 pass on the invitation. I already know 3 people on that list of 45 that are not going.

• 2 weeks later...

So we are looking at 45 people shooting, and the top 16 go to the pro series that year?

That's assuming everyone that gets an invite goes to the match. I haven't heard if they will take more than the top 25 semi pros if any of the top 25 pass on the invitation. I already know 3 people on that list of 45 that are not going.

The same issue has come up with the pro series shot off. It doesn't sound like they are going to take more. It's not really fair to the shooters that battled it out to make the top 25 to just let more in.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone recieved an invite for the match? I expect i should get one, but I havent heard anything.

I heard from Chad that yes there will be official invites going out for the qualifier. He didn't say when, and I didn't ask him.

The same issue has come up with the pro series shot off. It doesn't sound like they are going to take more. It's not really fair to the shooters that battled it out to make the top 25 to just let more in.

I don't see how it's not fair to the top 25 shooters if that shooter chooses not to shoot the Pro qualifier. I qualified for Pro last year (#63) and I qualified for the Semi-Pro shootoff this year (#22) and I won't be going for the same reason I didn't shoot Pro this year, I shoot Open and suck at TO. I'd like to see as many of the Semi-Pros go to the shootoff as possible. Good luck to them all!

Doug

Edited by Doug H.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the invite via email today. Pro series will cost you $1300 if you make it past the qualifier! Who's going to Florida?

I'll be going to Florida for the tryout. Not so sure I will be coughing up $1300 for a few one-day shooting events.

It's not so brutal if you're guaranteed $1500 in cash or prizes not to mention TV time just for playing. I'm not saying that's what's happening but I can hope can't I? Plus if you don't go shoot as a pro what are the odds that you will get a sponsor to pay for you to go represent them and shoot as a pro?

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

A guarantee of $1500 a match would help a lot! Where do I sign-up for mine? Is it through 3GN or a private insurance program like State Farm or Gerber? If I do sign-up, do I have to have the Gerber baby on my jersey?

• 3 weeks later...