Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pro-Series Qualifier

From what I have seen it doesn't require wins to get sponsors, in many cases it appears it doesn't even require top 16 finishes. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody in particular just a general observation. I've been in the prize table line ahead of lots of guys with big names on their shirts for years and I just got some help last year.

Curt, Jessy....that's funny

REeelly I guess the next thing your going to say is -"Good Looks"- doesn't count , or a good personality ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen it doesn't require wins to get sponsors, in many cases it appears it doesn't even require top 16 finishes. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody in particular just a general observation. I've been in the prize table line ahead of lots of guys with big names on their shirts for years and I just got some help last year.

Curt, Jessy....that's funny

REeelly I guess the next thing your going to say is -"Good Looks"- doesn't count , or ?

Is the match going to be opened up to people who did not sign up as semi pro? I bet there are some quality shooters who did not participate in 3gun nation at all who might want a shot at a slot if the payout was right. If there is attrition in the pro ranks then the pot could be sweetened to keep the competitors willing to show up and fill the TV time.

Who else is going? We got two top shooters from Oklahoma going. One of them bear me with Irons in a club match Saturday and the other beat all of us in Sunday. The Pro Series is gonna be tough in 2013!

This one is going to be awesome to watch on TV!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

FYI, I got the following from Rob. He said the paper count may be reduced.

There is not a specific round count as that depends on what target is shot with which gun.

As of right now there is:

98 paper (R or P)

41 clays (S)

19 4x10 Steel (P or S)

19 10x10 Steel (P or S)

6 10" Round Steel ®

R-Rifle

P-Pistol

S-Shotgun

There is additional steel that can be shot with the shotgun There is no stage with more than 8 clays. or pistol though.

The match is scheduled to conclude between 4-6pm depending on the competitor turnout.

First shot at 8am.

Chad told me the qualifier will be covered on two hour long episodes.

I'm guessing your odds are pretty good judging by this post on the 3GN forum.

Originally Posted By 3gunMarine:

Calling All 3-Gun Nation Semi-Pros!

Want to take your shot in the 3GN Pro Series Qualifier Match? There are remaining slots currently unused by initial invitees, so 3GN is opening up the Qual Match to all competitors who competed in 2012 as a 3GN Semi-Pro.

That’s right, now’s your chance to shoot a one day match in St. Augustine, Florida, make the cut, and then qualify for the 2013-2014 3-Gun Nation Pro Series Tour. Compete in cash payout matches, all before television cameras, and earn points toward the 2014 3GN Rumble on the Range in Las Vegas, for a shot at $50,000.

But you’ll need to act fast if you want in. Remaining slots will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and will cap when match is full.

To apply, send your request to compete, along with your name and 3GN ID number, to contact@3gunnation.com. 3GN staff will reply to confirm you as in or out.

3-Gun Nation Pro Series Qualification Match

Where: Ancient City Shooting Range, St. Augustine, FL (http://www.attac-fl.com/)

When: Feb. 9

Format: One-day, five-stage match; short, fast courses of fire

Match Fee: $75

Awards: A slot on the 2013-2014 3GN Pro Series Tour! (Note: the cost of the upcoming Pro Tour is $1,300; competitors should not compete in the Qual Match if they do not intend to pay and compete on the 3GN Pro Tour)

I dont think it is fair either. Also found out women entry fee is a lot less than men's. I am all for them having series and competing but in any other match fees are the same for all. I bet they get more tv time than average male so why should they pay less. This is starting to feel more like a money maker than a pro series to promote the sport.

They should also base the men's fees on looks, surely it would be worth more to 3GN to have good-looking guys on TV and hence the good-looking guys should shoot cheaper.

Someone like Jeremy

If it helps anyone make their decision on the match, there should be more than 16 slots available as well. Not sure how many, but some of last years "pros" are opting out this year. That should open up some additional slots for new competitors.

Not really surprising. With a $1300 price tag and a minimum of four matches, it might not be as interesting for the guys that either arent in the top or have sponsors chipping in.

Maybe after/during this season it will get easier for people to get sponsors if they have longer shows and put more faces on TV.

Hoping for an interesting season with some new names to shake up the top.

Yes it is scarce, I'm having trouble finding any SG ammo, unless you own a 20 gauge. Might be lucky to hit up the Bass Pro in Orlando. Good luck in the match guys.

I'll be there. Does anyone know the shotgun ammo situation around Orlando or St. Augustine???

Chad told me the qualifier will be covered on two hour long episodes.

I'm guessing your odds are pretty good judging by this post on the 3GN forum.

Originally Posted By 3gunMarine:

Calling All 3-Gun Nation Semi-Pros!

Want to take your shot in the 3GN Pro Series Qualifier Match? There are remaining slots currently unused by initial invitees, so 3GN is opening up the Qual Match to all competitors who competed in 2012 as a 3GN Semi-Pro.

That’s right, now’s your chance to shoot a one day match in St. Augustine, Florida, make the cut, and then qualify for the 2013-2014 3-Gun Nation Pro Series Tour. Compete in cash payout matches, all before television cameras, and earn points toward the 2014 3GN Rumble on the Range in Las Vegas, for a shot at $50,000.

But you’ll need to act fast if you want in. Remaining slots will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, and will cap when match is full.

To apply, send your request to compete, along with your name and 3GN ID number, to contact@3gunnation.com. 3GN staff will reply to confirm you as in or out.

3-Gun Nation Pro Series Qualification Match

Where: Ancient City Shooting Range, St. Augustine, FL (http://www.attac-fl.com/)

When: Feb. 9

Format: One-day, five-stage match; short, fast courses of fire

Match Fee: $75

Awards: A slot on the 2013-2014 3GN Pro Series Tour! (Note: the cost of the upcoming Pro Tour is $1,300; competitors should not compete in the Qual Match if they do not intend to pay and compete on the 3GN Pro Tour)

Wow... I wish 3GN would have done a better job marketing the 2012 semi pro series. I didnt know anything about it until it was too late. I would shoot the pro qualifier for sure!

Maybe next year...

Do you realize they have a website with all the info on it? In fact you can sign up for this year now.

I am singed up already to shoot the semi pro series this year... I'm saying that in 2011/early 2012, I never heard anything about the series, so I didnt get signed up to shoot semi pro in 2012. there for, I am not a candidate to shoot the pro qualifier this month, because they opened it up to anyone who was signed up for 2012. Gonna have to wait till the 2014 qualifier