Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Pro-Series Qualifier

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it is fair either. Also found out women entry fee is a lot less than men's. I am all for them having series and competing but in any other match fees are the same for all. I bet they get more tv time than average male so why should they pay less. This is starting to feel more like a money maker than a pro series to promote the sport.

REALLY!? first of all Chad and Pete aren't doing the out of the goodness of their heart....it's their livihood....their job! if they don't make money, there will be no show.....

and as far as the women's series...we have been playing for 5k, winner take all, when the guys have been playing for 50k.....this year, the women will be playing for 25K ....so half the prize money, half the entry. PLUS.. the women have been key in raising the support and finding the sponsors for our own tour....and for all these years, we have been going to the prize table in order of finish, so as hi lady, top of our game, we get a fraction of what the high dude gets. AND, i think it's crucial to let the world see women running around with these "scary" guns, having fun. just my two cents....:)

Top 16 make the tour, I'm not sure how many actually shot the match. 50, maybe?

Josh Knotts grabbed 12th!

Looks like my squad for the Colt 3-Man, 3-Gun match just got heavy... It sucks to be the slow guy on the crew. I'll have to buy beer and carry their stuff, but it's worth it!

Proud of you guys. Great job!

I shot this outrageously awesome match put on by Chad Adams and Rob Romero and their fabulous 3 Gun Nation crew at Ancient City Range in St. Augustine, Florida. It was just ragingly good. I used to get annoyed by cameramen and suchlike, but those days are gone, these guys have got it together. Like a magical 3 Gun match. You have so many choices in ways to shoot the targets pistol/rifle, pistol/shotgun, where you stage your guns, holstering a hot pistol, which is just super efficient-if you can prepare for that. Everybody was a really good shooter, but the need for speed is paramount in this match-the 3 Gun Nation Match, made for broad tv appeal and for shooters who want to go super fast and shoot a blinding, big wave kind of 3 Gun Match this is it. This 3 Gun Nation style of match is state of the art. I shot the first 3 Gun Nation Match and it has changed. Mostly it because they run their own match, pay out money, and the matches are the best in the game. Arrive Friday, shoot Saturday, be home Sunday. Money. Sponsor exposure.The traditional matches ......are great. This is much faster, more freestyle, and just way cool. Congratulations on the match. Got to see James Gill, an incredibly talented and awesome Marine 3 Gunner. Expect great things from 3 Gun Nation. There was no watching paint dry in this match.

Heard 28 shot the match. From what guys said good stages fast and furious

So in the end, probably most of them will make it to the tour? :)

Which pros had to qualify, the last 16, or the ones not in the top 48 shooting this year?

Edited by gose

I shot this outrageously awesome match put on by Chad Adams and Rob Romero and their fabulous 3 Gun Nation crew at Ancient City Range in St. Augustine, Florida. It was just ragingly good. I used to get annoyed by cameramen and suchlike, but those days are gone, these guys have got it together. Like a magical 3 Gun match. You have so many choices in ways to shoot the targets pistol/rifle, pistol/shotgun, where you stage your guns, holstering a hot pistol, which is just super efficient-if you can prepare for that. Everybody was a really good shooter, but the need for speed is paramount in this match-the 3 Gun Nation Match, made for broad tv appeal and for shooters who want to go super fast and shoot a blinding, big wave kind of 3 Gun Match this is it. This 3 Gun Nation style of match is state of the art. I shot the first 3 Gun Nation Match and it has changed. Mostly it because they run their own match, pay out money, and the matches are the best in the game. Arrive Friday, shoot Saturday, be home Sunday. Money. Sponsor exposure.The traditional matches ......are great. This is much faster, more freestyle, and just way cool. Congratulations on the match. Got to see James Gill, an incredibly talented and awesome Marine 3 Gunner. Expect great things from 3 Gun Nation. There was no watching paint dry in this match.

No disrespect, but it looked like a carbine match on paper. Is it because that range can't go beyond 100 yds, or is it that long range rifle is boring to TV viewers? Hope it isn't the latter.

No disrespect, but it looked like a carbine match on paper. Is it because that range can't go beyond 100 yds, or is it that long range rifle is boring to TV viewers? Hope it isn't the latter.

Heck, I even fast forward my own videos on the long range stages ;)

That's the way all the Pro Series matches were last year. Nothing past 100 yards, very little past 40 yards. Lots of hosing and fast paced action for the TV audience.