Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Nationals-Point Series?

Does anybody know if the USPSA Nationals are going to be a part of the 3-gun Nation point series? The stages were great last year but that is a lot of money to travel to Vegas for 3 days and not get any points for the match.

Does anybody know if the USPSA Nationals are going to be a part of the 3-gun Nation point series? The stages were great last year but that is a lot of money to travel to Vegas for 3 days and not get any points for the match.

Does anybody know if there is going to be a points series for sure next year??

My personal opinion would be to dump the divisional series and put that money into the Pro Series. The semi pro series needs to be all Tac Optics. No more division jumping.

I can agree with that. I would add for the OP that next year all (4) of the Pro matches will be 3GN Pro only events. I would assume that the semi-pro series would continue in the outlaw matches to make a group eligible for the 2014 qualifier.

My personal opinion would be to dump the divisional series and put that money into the Pro Series. The semi pro series needs to be all Tac Optics. No more division jumping.

I can agree with that. I would add for the OP that next year all (4) of the Pro matches will be 3GN Pro only events. I would assume that the semi-pro series would continue in the outlaw matches to make a group eligible for the 2014 qualifier.

That wasn't what the OP was asking.

That wasn't what the OP was asking.

Thanks captain obvious.

Last year USPSA nationals wasn't included so in guessing this year it won't either unless USPSA asked to get in in the action. If you look at what USPSA and 3GN are doing you kinda sorta have two organization competitive for control of the future of 3 Gun. My guess would be no USPSA in the points series. If you want to play the 3GN points game which I highly suggest I wouldn't plan on shooting USPSA nationals. There should be a bunch of info coming out soon.

Email Phil Strader and tell him to talk to chad and Pete and get in on the action.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I say keep the divisional series. This is a cool program that lets shooters w/ no interest in the Pro Series still get some recognition they deserve.

But, I agree w/ Jesse. Semi Pro needs to be Tac Optics only. If a shooter is wanting to qualify for the Pro Series, they need to be competing against all the other Pro-Series hopefuls.

Edit to add- yes, this is completely off topic. But, who in 3 gun doesn't have attention deficit disorder?

Edited by Bryan 45

I say keep the divisional series. This is a cool program that lets shooters w/ no interest in the Pro Series still get some recognition they deserve.

But, I agree w/ Jesse. Semi Pro needs to be Tac Optics only. If a shooter is wanting to qualify for the Pro Series, they need to be competing against all the other Pro-Series hopefuls.

Edit to add- yes, this is completely off topic. But, who in 3 gun doesn't have attention deficit disorder?

I had Ice cream for lunch. Wait what was the question?

I had Ice cream for lunch. Wait what was the question?

What flavor, sprinkles or nuts on top?

word!

+1

Put my name in the hat for agreeing to that, or at least they have to shoot one of their scores as Tac Ops. The majority of the top 20 in semi-pro shot matches in other divisions.

Did someone say squirrel...where..how many...are they bringing the nuts for the ice cream?

Edited by ap3

Did you guys happen to look at how many people signed up for the smaller divisional series divisions? HMO, HMI only had 5-6 people. There were only 3 shooters that got the required 3 scores too. Is that really worth $5,000? This is coming from a guy that won $5,000 in HMO.

Valid point, however I see those numbers going up next season. I think there were plenty of people who didn't sign up for anything this season just because they didn't know where/how/what about 3GN and how things were going to play out.

I think that if 3GN wants to bump the numbers up for next season they need to get the details out fairly soon about some specifics since 2013 match sign ups are already taking place.

I'm glad USPSA is changing their MG rules. Of course it would've been better if they had just adopted the IMG rules! Oh well, the changes are a giant improvement over the old list. I think it will go a long way to getting the 3G Nats competitor #'s back up and possibly get them on the 3GN tour. I think if enough people email Phil, Chad, and Pete and tell them we would like to see this happen, they will try to work on it.

It should probably be its' own thread.

Forcing Semi-Pro to shoot in the TAC-Optics division will essentially kill every other division.

Last year there were only 113 shooters shooting in the semi pro, 65 in the pro. There are a whole lot more shooters shooting outlaw matches than the guys participating in 3GN. Shooting TO in semi pro won't kill anything especially if they keep the divisional series going. It will slow down TI participation a little bit at some matches. Hopefully this influx of new shooters offsets that.

I really don't care if USPSA Multi-gun Nats is a 3GN points match or not! I just love to shoot a good match as I shoot 3 gun for the fun of it...and the 2012 USPSA Multi-gun was one of the best matches this year!!!! Thank you Pete for some great stages this year and i cant wait for next year!

For those of you that just shoot for $...please find either another sport to make money at or go to Vegas and make some bet on the horses.

As for divisions and the 3GN Series, run Pro as Pro (you pay to play) in Tactical Scope only. Semi Pro for a separate pot of awards and not connected for Pro monies and any division must have at least 25 in that division to count for 3GN points. I really don't see the death of a division this way...us lower shooters will still have fun in the process!!!

I will always support 3GN just like I support USPSA, National Rifle Assn and any other venue the helps support safe and responsible shooting.

Let's go shooting.

Busyhawk

Now that's a cool idea that you must have 25 or so for that division to be counted for points. That is the way USPSA matches award winners by class.

The 3gun nats had the best stages I shot all year they were very creative challenges. I know they were talking about the same guy doing the stages so I thought it would be a shame to not get points for such a good match....as far as the stages

I know Pete and Chad will tune the 3GN program this year given they have already done such a great job with our sport, so for me it's just a matter of waiting and seeing as I trust their judgement

I really don't care if USPSA Multi-gun Nats is a 3GN points match or not! I just love to shoot a good match as I shoot 3 gun for the fun of it...and the 2012 USPSA Multi-gun was one of the best matches this year!!!! Thank you Pete for some great stages this year and i cant wait for next year!

For those of you that just shoot for $...please find either another sport to make money at or go to Vegas and make some bet on the horses.

As for divisions and the 3GN Series, run Pro as Pro (you pay to play) in Tactical Scope only. Semi Pro for a separate pot of awards and not connected for Pro monies and any division must have at least 25 in that division to count for 3GN points. I really don't see the death of a division this way...us lower shooters will still have fun in the process!!!

I will always support 3GN just like I support USPSA, National Rifle Assn and any other venue the helps support safe and responsible shooting.

Let's go shooting.

Busyhawk

Nobody Just shoots for the money because if we did we would be broke! It is nice to be able to shoot more matches because there is money to be won.

You can't limit the number of entrants because if that 25th drops out on the last day 24 shooters get no points. Last year they were going to require 10 shooters for it to count but realized that HM would only count at 2-3 matches a year.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser