Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for 40 Pro 5"

msg73

Depends on what your looking for.

The standard for production is the Blade Tech or comp tech. Blade Tech has them in stock and can ship with in the week. Remove the DO, drop and offset, and you can use it for IDPA. The Safari is the cadillac. I just picked one up and the interior of the Kydex is lined with leather so much easier on the gun and quality is second to none.

For limited or Open Manny Bragg has the best one that I have seen or used.http://www.mannyusa.com/Firearms_Training/product/Futuristic_Magnetic.html The gun is held in maganitiacaly for the guns that are metal and by the rail for the others like the MP. They will not fall out, they lock down, they are really nice, fast and secure.

Tactical? At holsterops.com, Bill Rogers (inventor of the Safairland and all Kydex holsters), has a new paddle, quick detach, single strap thigh rig that everyone, SEAL, SWAT, US Defense Dept. guys and US Marshals were using last week and we all loved them. http://www.holsterops.com

Then there is Raven.

cr speed has an actual race holster for m&ps. I used one of their race holsters for limited with my para for a few years and liked it.

You'll love the Frank Garcia/ Manny Bragg one at Universal at the link above much better than the CR , ghost or others. Use the CR belt and pouches and your gold.

I'm sure I'll eventually use an open type of holster. For now though I just use a blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster. I have the Dawson Rear sites with a huge (295 I think) front sight and no matter how it's pulled out of the holster, it won't snag the sight. At my level right now, that small fraction of a second saved on a draw isn't effecting my matches. If I ever get to the point where I'm in the running for winning a match then I'm sure I'll start shelling out the big bucks for big gear, but for now. $30 bucks for the holster, I can spend my money on more important things. Like hi-cap mags, extensions, trigger work, sights. You would be suprised how fast you can draw from most holsters vs the gain you'll get from a more ergonomic mag pouch or lighter trigger.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Safariland 6377 ALS on a duty belt hanger to drop it down a little, for 3gun. This is the same as my duty holster for the Sig 226, so draw is identical. I like the security it provides for 3gun. I too was looking for something a little quicker for limited division.