Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb rest on CZ Czechmate

my00wrx1

Yes I am in Australia. If you go to the Advanced Ratio Sports & Tactical Facebook page you could contact them and ask who they supply in the rest of the world.

I contacted a company called gunsandgear in Australia. They stock the advance ratio xcel thumb rest. I could not check out through their website. I emailed and they stated they are not set up to ship outside of Australia. Looks like something I would love to try on my Czechmate.

Why don't you just have someone make one for you? I make them for my STI and Tanfoglio pistols, I could probably make one for a Czechmate but I would need a gun to mock one up on.

If you find someone to supply you with a Czechmate and you make a thumb rest. I would be in for buying one. There just doesn't seem to be any viable option for a thumb rest on the Czechmatel

It can be made to fit the gun without the optic mount as well, I just need to tweak the design a bit. Maybe the use of a shim when the thumbrest is used without the optic mount is a viable option as well.

Edited by MrPostman

The other thing is there is an indentation in the frame for the factory mount to fill.

http://www.pakguns.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15717&stc=1&d=1355728065

What grips are on that gun in your picture and where can I buy a set. I shot my first match with my new to me Czechmate yesterday. Although the factory installed grips were great for holding onto the pistol, the grip tape tore the inside of my forearm up when it was in the holster.

Does CZ custom sell these. If they do, I can't seem to find them. Like I said the stock grips on the Czechmate work well and I like the grip tape. However, between stages just walking around, the grip tape is at position that it tears up the inside of my forearm I know I should just man up and let it scab over into a callus.

have a look at ipsc alex. - http://ipscalex.com/collections/pistol-accessories/products/thumbrest

he makes a thumb rest to suit tanfoglio open guns as well as STI/2011's. I bet if you asked him he could make one with the CZ hole pattern. I'm sure if you got say 5 guys who wanted one that would help even more. I have one of his for my tanfog and it's a great product and he was fantastic as a company to deal with. Very good service and nice products.

I ended up with the tangfo alex thumbrest as well. It had to be modified to fit. My friend had to remove a bit of the tail and drill/tap a new hole in it and the Cheely mount.

It may need further modification as well, a slot cut in the middle so I can adjust the c-more through it, and the bottom corner needs to be rounded as it catches in my belt and body when I draw.

• 1 month later...

Yes I am in Australia. If you go to the Advanced Ratio Sports & Tactical Facebook page you could contact them and ask who they supply in the rest of the world.

I contacted a company called gunsandgear in Australia. They stock the advance ratio xcel thumb rest. I could not check out through their website. I emailed and they stated they are not set up to ship outside of Australia. Looks like something I would love to try on my Czechmate.

Hi there. I am the one who made them...thanks for showing your keen interest:), I am Adrian and I do not operate from a website but I operate from the FB page itself, my name is Adrian. Nice to meet everyone here...:)

To throw a twist in this topic, can I get one for a lefty? Are any of the thumb rests adaptable to left hand use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I do have a lefty, in black only. Please get in touch with me in Facebook messenger at Advance Ratio Sports and Tactical.

Regards

Adrian