Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many majors do you guys shoot each year?

blaster113

Three this year: Colorado State, Mile High Showdown, and Open Nationals. Normally I do only the in-state level II matches. Living in the west makes travelling to big matches a difficult proposition. I can handle the cost but the time (especially travel time) is hard to come by.

Next year I might try to hit Area 3, and scoot down to New Mexico for the High Desert Classic, but the only guaranteed matches on my schedule are the local ones.

For those of you that are looking for a great level 2 match. The High Desert Classic in NM is one of the best run and most challenging matches that I have ever been to. Although I mainly shoot revolver, this match can also be very challenging to any of the other divisions. Also many airlines have a direct flight into Albuquerque and the motel room aren't as bad as other places I've shot.

I decided a long time ago - shooting 9 - 10 majors a year is still cheaper than a wife :-D

Yep, it sure helps! Also makes for an easy answer when people ask how you get to shoot so much. I am guessing that means a wife (and/or kids) must be expensive, they never ask again :)

Ended up shooting 7 between USPSA, 3-gun and the ProAm, but missed 2 others last minute due to deaths in the family. Hopefully no more of that next year so more matches.

Hoping to shoot 5-7 next year. I work offshore and its really a matter of schedule for me.

Florida open

Area 6

Fl State

Ga State

SC State?

Pro/Am

Open Nat's (if I can get a slot)

Lim Nat's (same as above)

I figure that I can make 4-5 of those no sweat, but I think for my work schedule....getting to all of them will be tough, but in all reality I'll take what I can get and be very happy I could go. Oh, and maybe the sunshine state games, but I dont think thats a sanctioned major.