Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inexpensive AR Case

About to buy a case for my new S & W MP15 .223 with scope.

It almost, but not quite, fits the three rifle cases I have -

looking for serviceable, but inexpensive, soft case for the

rifle - I've seen the $100 - $200 cases, and would like to

keep the expense down, but get something that YOU have tried

and feel you can recommend.

Thanks,

Jack

Got a midway tactical case last year during black Friday for a very good price. Works good, lots of pockets on the outside, and well padded.

I've also used guitar gig bags. If your rifle is less than 40" overall a regular electric guitar gig bag will work, if longer then an electric Bass gig bag fits. Sometimes you can get gig bags with good padding and zippers for 20-30 bones (checkout Musician's Friend, Music123, etc.). Plenty good enough for hauling to the local matches, and good if you live in an apartment/condo or just want to keep a low profile with your rifle.

Also have a Midway tactical bag which seem to always be one sale and really can't beat it for the money.

I was thinking of picking up a cheap midway bag myself but I read the reviews and it seems the liner rips almost immediately upon use. Has this been the case for anybody here?

About to buy a case for my new S & W MP15 .223 with scope.

It almost, but not quite, fits the three rifle cases I have -

looking for serviceable, but inexpensive, soft case for the

rifle - I've seen the $100 - $200 cases, and would like to

keep the expense down, but get something that YOU have tried

and feel you can recommend.

Thanks,

Jack

I've been very happy with this Tactical Case from Cabelas. I've had it about a year, Zippers and pockets are holding up very well. And it's on sale right now for $50

Steve

The Midway's do tear out and I went through one in less than a year.

Voodoo Tactical and SafariLand make good AR bags and 2-gun, 3-gun bags. For just an AR with some mag pouches, my favorite is the Ace Heavy Duty Assault Rifle Case. ACE is out of St. Cloud, MN.

The Midway's do tear out and I went through one in less than a year.

Voodoo Tactical and SafariLand make good AR bags and 2-gun, 3-gun bags. For just an AR with some mag pouches, my favorite is the Ace Heavy Duty Assault Rifle Case. ACE is out of St. Cloud, MN.

Ace case, yep. I got something caught in the zipper on my first one and damaged the zipper, otherwise I would be on the 1st one still. Been using the another one for a 3-gun shotgun since 2005 or so. About $50. The 42" one is good for a scoped AR with 20" barrel plus comp.