Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lending gear

Ted Murphy

I lent a shooter two mag pouches at a local match. I did not get them back. I did not remember until this weekend when I was looking for them and now I cannot remember who it was that borrowed them.

I am more mad at myself than the shooter. Whoever he is.

I am the worlds worst about doing the same thing.....

But, the stuff will come back to you when whoever borrowed it remembers they have it.....

If it doesn't - there is such a thing as good karma..... for being the guy who helps his fellow man/shooter....

Here's to you for being that guy. :cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately I'm all too willing to lend people stuff and all to forgetful. Left my gloves at the range one day; waiting there the next week for me. Left my brass bag at a match the match the next day it was waiting for me. Lent out a couple mag pouches then decided to leave early. My mag pouches got passed around until the finally made it back to me. Pretty awesome that the shooting community, for the most part, is super honest and willing to help out others. All good stuff, I'm definitely glad and proud to be a part of it.

it may come back to you 18-20 years ago I loaned out a holster and 3 mag pouches to a new shooter about a year ago she found me on FB and asked for my address.

it is an old rig for a 5" made by a local leather guy back in the 80's might have to get a set of skip checkered grips and go full-retro at a match this year

John

I'm the same way, generous to lend things, and forgetful that I loaned them out! I have lent out my copies of Brian's book & Saul Kirsch's book, and then forgot who I loaned them too! I had to ask a couple people before I remembered who it was I loaned them to. He said "Yeah I got it", then at least I felt better knowing who had it. I said No hurry, just wanted to refresh my memory. He brought the book back within a week. Thats generally how it goes with us shooters! I've yet to meet a shooter who wasn't willing to lend a hand or return something they had borrowed. :cheers: