Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Accu-Shadow

jeep45238

How hard is it to remove the bushing? if it's not extremely hard seems like the pay off would be worth it, a accu bushing in any gun and still run production. Tho it wouldn't be as friendly the gun could still be cleaned.

It comes out under hand pressure in a few seconds. I haven't had to use the included wrench.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been done. because fit is tighter, not enough play for barrel to be removed from slide. So becomes one piece. but it has been done

Using the screw-in bushing allows for it and the barrel to be removed if one wants to clean it for whatever reason.

97B uses similar setup and have found some old old 75s that had scew-in bushings.

How hard is it to remove the bushing? if it's not extremely hard seems like the pay off would be worth it, a accu bushing in any gun and still run production. Tho it wouldn't be as friendly the gun could still be cleaned.

Generally you have to gently beat it out. it was never intended to be removed as a user item. so its a pretty tight fit. with the tighter fit on the barrel, there would be no way to get a tool in there to help on the removal. the next challenge would be to insure the front sight pin got lined up correctly everytime to be reinstalled.

it could be done, but to be done over a wide customer base with a wide range of experience would be the challenge.

but to be done over a wide customer base with a wide range of experience would be the challenge.

Indeed and I'm guessing that's why CZC didn't go that route and that makes prefect sense. I might have to give CZ-USA a call and see if I can get a hold of the stock bushing and play around with it.

• 2 months later...

Ya I like the look of the outside 1911 style bushing but it doesn't make much since to do it that way because if you can do the same thing internal than you could use it on about any CZ and not have to worry about it being legal. I wonder if CGW would design a internal one.

If you made an internal bushing as tight as the accu shadow you would not be able to remove the barrel.

Ya I like the look of the outside 1911 style bushing but it doesn't make much since to do it that way because if you can do the same thing internal than you could use it on about any CZ and not have to worry about it being legal. I wonder if CGW would design a internal one.

If you made an internal bushing as tight as the accu shadow you would not be able to remove the barrel.

Exactly! hence why the accu-shadow, and guns like the tanfog stock 2 need to have some kind of reverse plug so that you can pull out the bush/plug and then pull the barrel out through the front of the slide.

The way Angus and his guys made the shadow bush is really the only way you can get a tighter fit of the barrel into the slide (at the front end) whilst still having it be a user-friendly item to dissamble for cleaning etc.

even guns like the orange and shadow mate which are a tighter tolerance to a regular shadow you notice straight away that it's a little tougher to lift up the barrel to clear the firing pin channel. and there still play in those (just a bit less of it).