Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Neighbor

JimmyZip

So, I get this neighbor who moves in a few years ago. He is a former postal worker, and then a security guard. As I'm putting the dogs in the car Sunday, they bolt towards him, but I call them back , and they get in the truck. As I am walking away from him, he asks loudly, and with force, but not quite yelling, if my dogs are doing their business in his yard. But he uses the four-letter term, which is not of any concern here, as I have a severe potty mouth most of the time.

Sensing that he is already hot, and not wanting to start anything, I calmly answer that no they did not, and if they ever did I would gladly pick up after them. I have been picking up after someone else's dog inmy front yard too recently, but I don't sweat it, once in a while is cool with me.

Well, then this morning my wife asks what happened with the neighbor. I ask her what she means, and she proceeds to tell me a story that my neighbor had related to another neighbor about how he had asked me if my dog had been using the facilities at his place and that I had "gone ballistic" with him, yelling and telling him where to go.

:surprise: I was floored! I never even raised my voice with him, nor did I use my normal profanities I reserve for friends and family. I came home for lunch yesterday, and saw him talking with security.

Last thing I need, creepy neighbor. :angry:

JZ

...k....

too many variables like you don't know who said what to whom.

I have had similar issues. also some third person can be stirring trouble.

I know this can work, and believe me I know it can fail....

go talk with neighbor. best if you can have a fence between you.

tell him the story that got back to you, and

you think the description of what happened was not accurate.

ask his opinion. the hard part. listen closely to him.

me, I had a neighbor who was (he moved) pretty clearly a sociopath.

luck.

bad neighbors are a deep pit of hell.

miranda

Move somewhere where there's a bunch of land with trees between you & neighbours.

We've been here for almost 2 years & have interacted with our neighbours maybe 5 times.

The dogs get all sorts of land to "go" on, none of which is their property.

I love it :D