Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good deals on shooting glasses

e-mishka

I currently own a pair of Revision Sawflys. They give me good coverage but slide down my nose unless I use the strap that goes from arm to arm. Then, that causes them to dig into the top of my ear. I've got a pair of Rudys on the way. I tried on a few pairs at a match and the Rydons felt the best.

I use NYX, they're okay. The weak point in interchangable lenses is any notch, they trend to break at that spot. A friend just bought new glasses that have a very thin temple, you must use the head band to keep them on. It's thin so they fit under earmuffs. I'll try to get the company later today.

Whichever fits you best.

The best kind of glasses are those you can forget about when you're wearing.

For me that's the Oakley radars with transition lenses. Never have to worry about light condition.

Edited by Unregistered

Anyone has experience with ess crossbow suppressor model with rx inserts?

I have been wearing the ESS ICE models for 3 yrs with Rx inserts - fantastic glasses at a great value. Not sure why people pay $200 for others.

Gunnar's Alley

Mark K

Which rx carrier do you use, wire or nylon ?

I've been using a pair of NYX with an RX insert for about 4 years. Lots of lens colors to choose from and they are comfortable and strong with good coverage.

Me too. The notch in the middle is the weak spot. I broke two lenses the first year swapping them out of the frames. I noticed that a spare frame cost less than a new lens, so I got an extra frame and only interchange the prescription insert between frames/lens combination, haven't broken a lens for 3 years.

I'll look em up

If you do decide to go with the NYX, talk to the lady back east (New York, I think), she's a sporting clays shooter, but don't let that bother you :)

I like those glasses because they allow you to custom order a package. The inserts are mail order from Los Angeles and take about a week for delivery. You will need a recent prescription that will add to the cost.

Edited by kmca

I have a set of Decot Revel's. they've been working with shooters for a long time. Their HyWyd's have been a shot gunning standard for years. They suggested monovision lenses for me and recalculated my right eye scrip for front sight distance. Special requests, no problem just call them.

I have a set of Decot Revel's. they've been working with shooters for a long time. Their HyWyd's have been a shot gunning standard for years. They suggested monovision lenses for me and recalculated my right eye scrip for front sight distance. Special requests, no problem just call them.

I have used Decot glasses for 30 years of trapshooting. He uses Zeiss glass for his lenses. About a year ago, my good friend, also using Decot lenses, was hit by a ricochet and the lens shattered into many sharp pieces. He called Decot who told him that the lenses are "impact resistant".

BTW, the cost of prescription lenses got to be very costly!

I ended up ordering ESS crossbow with rx insert. Total came out to about $160 (including frame, 3 lenses, rx insert).

I picked ESS b/c i was able to try em locally and they were a nice fit. I'll report later after I get them and test em out.