Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new to 3 gun what to do to my m2

mpm2433

Just starting 3 gun and have a Benelli M2 with 26" barrel. The factory gun was not an option my m2 is left handed.

Looking for suggested mods, I live in Houston so Briley is an option. Will likely only shoot locally.

Optimal barrel length? Im assuming total capacity of 8+1 would like the barrel and tube relatively lined up.

As anyone had Briley do their tactical shotgun package? $800 +/-

any other shops doing or specializing in Benelli 3 gun mods?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

If you are going to be shooting Tac Ops class, I would leave your barrel at 26" especially since you said that you want to have the barrel and mag tube about the same length. The trend now is for shooters in this class to have shotguns that hold 10+ rounds. If you add a Nordic +7 round tube so you can carry 10+1, the mag tube should be flush or no more than 1 inch longer than your barrel. As for a gunsmith, Briley is close to you, however, I would talk to Benny Hill, C-Rums, Accurate Iron, or Taran Butler. I just got a lightened bolt from Taran, and it is impressive (but that is my opinion).

Z

Edited by Zebraman

If you are going to be shooting Tac Ops class, I would leave your barrel at 26" especially since you said that you want to have the barrel and mag tube about the same length. The trend now is for shooters in this class to have shotguns that hold 10+ rounds. If you add a Nordic +7 round tube so you can carry 10+1, the mag tube should be flush or no more than 1 inch longer than your barrel. As for a gunsmith, Briley is close to you, however, I would talk to Benny Hill, C-Rums, Accurate Iron, or Taran Butler. I just got a lightened bolt from Taran, and it is impressive (but that is my opinion).

Z

I 2nd C-Rums, he did some nice work on my M1 and his price was very competattive.

While sending your gun to any of the mentioned gunsmiths will yield you an amazing gun, you don't have to do that to shoot 3 gun. I would keep the 26" barrel and add the Nordic +7 like was mentioned earlier. This way,you can plug the tube for matches that require 8+1 max, and at matches that dictate no more than 8 in the tube at the buzzer and no limit after the buzzer, you can have the 10+1. I shoot a 24" gun, but have shot a friends 26, and I was comfortable with it.

Put the Nordic tube on it, open (smooth it out, really)the left side of the loading port up a little, put in a Nordic follower, add a bigger fiber front sight and shoot the tar out of it. After several matches (and cases of practice shells), then decide if you want to send it off to have magic done to it, then you will have a better idea of which (or whoose) magic you might want.

Just my opinion.

Hurley

I second HRider. Simple is better till you figure out what you need. When I got my M2 I was ready for the whole race package but settled on an extension and welded lifter. As of right now I have no other plans but to shoot it since every match I've shot in or when I've practiced I can find no other feature I have to have. It's fun to shoot faster than someone with a tricked out shotgun!!

While sending your gun to any of the mentioned gunsmiths will yield you an amazing gun, you don't have to do that to shoot 3 gun. I would keep the 26" barrel and add the Nordic +7 like was mentioned earlier. This way,you can plug the tube for matches that require 8+1 max, and at matches that dictate no more than 8 in the tube at the buzzer and no limit after the buzzer, you can have the 10+1. I shoot a 24" gun, but have shot a friends 26, and I was comfortable with it.

Put the Nordic tube on it, open (smooth it out, really)the left side of the loading port up a little, put in a Nordic follower, add a bigger fiber front sight and shoot the tar out of it. After several matches (and cases of practice shells), then decide if you want to send it off to have magic done to it, then you will have a better idea of which (or whoose) magic you might want.

Just my opinion.

Hurley

Hurley is dead on. (he is very old and very wise)You do not have to do much to a 26" m2. Spend the money you save on ammo, and practice.