Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 Noveske MG Championship

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to give a shout out to the sponsors and support one last time before the match...

First, Noveske for being the title sponsor and for providing support, prizes and encouragment. If my name were Denise, I would have tears on my Keyboard. If you don't know about John Novekse and his legacy, go find out...it is inspiring! Everyone associated with Noveske should be thanked many times over. If you like the match, let Jansen, Rob and James know and we will explore options for another venue if we can't get the legal issues resolved for a 2014 match in Colorado.

Next to our stage sponsors:

MagPul just overnighted over $4k in prizes to the shop. They will have a shooter at the match, so please take the opportunity to thank him for his companies work on the legislative front and for the match sponsorship.

Freedom Munitions for the ammo purchase deal, the prizes and the pallet of water for you all to drink at the match. Again, they should be at the match, so thank them in person.

Center of Mass, for their prize donation and the RO gifts. Another shooter to thank in person.

Blade-Tech also kicked in a huge amount of product for the match.

Brownells, Burris, DPMS, Hornady, Shooters Source, SigSauer, Stag and Warne were also generous with their donations.

Thanks also to all of these prize donors for the match:

Atlanta Arms and Ammo, Berger, BoomerShooter.com, CarbonArms, Combat Applications Tools, CED, Comp-Tac, Decot, HiViz, Hogue, J Dewey, LaserLyte, LET Targets, Leupold, MachineGunTours, MGM Targets, Nighthawk Custom, Militec, NAA, Ranier, Redding, RM Targets, Shilen, Sierra, Tifosi, UniqueTek, Wilson Combat, Zero, Volquartsen.

We had a few sponsors bow out of sponsorship this year because their $ went to 3GN instead of smaller matches. We also had a few that just could not come up with product and meet their obligations to customers with orders. For the most part, the sponsors you see listed above made an extra effort to provide product and support this match, so they deserve your patronage more than ever.

I also had several match staff (and competitors) that bowed out due to ammo shortages, funds, deployments and other issues. We wish them all the best, but make sure to doubly thank your match staff for their hard work. We have several staff that are working the match and not even shooting!

Thanks to Dawn for the food she is going to be preparing to keep you all going.

Thanks to USPSA, especially Endersby for the encouragement and work on our sport, McManus for the stage reviews, and Amidon for keeping track of us all. Thanks to Westcott for getting all the prizes for the prize table!

Last, but probably most deserving of thanks, James Casanova. Yeah, James is a close friend, but his dedication to the sport is exemplary. Not just a Championship winning shooter, but an example of giving back to the sport at every turn. He runs local matches, helps out shooters with guns and gear issues and more. He is putting on a free Pro-Clinic, built walls, hauled stuff to the range, got my stage drawings produced and generally helped keep me from totally freaking out. Some lucky shooter is also going to end up with a great prize table walk from James!

See you on the range!

Thanks guys. Planning to head out from Kansas City around 2-3am to get there in time to confirm my rifle's zero with new glass, and since I dont shoot until Saturday morning, I plan to walk around to check out the sponsors and maybe meet a few people.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

I hope to be at the range on Saturday to take photographs and hopefully give LiveShots a try... Last year we had issues with network availability but we now have two network providers so hopefully one of them will work a little better than last time.

Click to visit the LiveShots web-site... If all goes according to plan the videos should show up on the left-hand side on Saturday morning. The links update automatically, so no need to hit refresh on your browser.

If you have any issues viewing the videos then check the options in the Information panel.

Edited by BritinUSA

Gorgeous weather at the range today. Your RO staff had a leisurely day and will complete 2 stages tomorrow.

Pro-Clinics at 9am. Alan may have something cool to play with at 11am.

Safe travels all.

I had the pleasure of shooting through today, it is a great match with very fun stages! I am even jealous of everyone who is shooting it over the weekend, I want to shoot it again! Good luck to all the shooters and a huge Thank you to Mark and the staff for putting together a very good match.

This match has been a blast so far! Aside from walking right past a silhouette on stage 2, I've been able to run things fairly well so far with all of my equipment running correctly.

I SHOULD have listened about eating anything in Byers tho......I have a rough evening ahead of me I'm afraid.

Looking forward to shooting tomorrow and wish Colorado wasn't run by traitorous fools so I could come back next year and shoot this one again. You put a great match on Mark, I hope you find a good venue for this match next year!

Thanks to all of the sponsors and shooters for supporting the match!

USPSA Area2 Multi-Gun Champions:

Tactical: Taran Butler

Open: Don Bednorz

Limited: James Casanova

HM-Lim: Michael Payne

Bednorz also won the shootout (and High Senior) edging Dan Troxel by a mere 0.09 seconds!

Going to sleep now...

Great job to everyone!!

Especially all the great finishers that were on squad 14 and made me feel like I shot in slowmo! Everyone worked hard and were really great!

"And who are you?" "You're killin' me!"

I learned a lot watching such great shooters...some of which I shoot with once in a while and some that I almost never get to shoot with!

It was a fun weekend and the weather worked out great!!!

Thanks so much to the RO's and match staff that made it possible and to ALL the GENEROUS sponsors!

James Casanova (since he worked the match) gave his first place walk to the top Junior - Orin Atha who is a pretty cool young man! Classy!

Anyway, it was great to see so many of my friends there exercising their 2nd amendment rights as well as their running legs..."you can't run over the berm, you have to run around it" jeez...so picky! :roflol: The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, right???

Mike did a great job in HM. He and JJ battled it out all weekend...the younger guy won! Go figure! :devil:

Thanks ALL!!!

Denise