Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots @ US-IPSC Nationals

Live coverage of the 2012 US-IPSC Nationals will commence at approximately 7:15am ET

Click here to go to the BritinUSA LiveShots page

Video links will appear in the box to the left, the links will update automatically when a new video is added, there is no need to hit REFRESH on your browser (it can slow down the process).

Select the video link with a single-click to open the video on the same page, click outside the video frame to return to the main page (or hit the X icon).

The most recent video is always shown at the top of the column.

You will need the Quicktime plug-in to view the videos.

Information about the match progress will be shown in the scrollable panel on the right, this also updates automatically.

Clicking the sponsor logo at the bottom of the screen will take you to the sponsor's website.

Edited by BritinUSA

LiveShots Statistics

• 469 Videos were recorded over 3 days
  • Videos were online before the stage had been reset and the score sheets had been signed
  • Spectators from 29 countries watched the competition unfold
  • At the time of writing this, over 17,500 videos have been viewed

The main purpose of the coverage was to prove that LiveShots is a viable mechanism to cover a major IPSC/USPSA competition. Hopefully if I am invited back again next year I will bring a friend or two and be able to provide live coverage of all three of the major divisions at the same time. I think this test has proven that there is a demand for this type of coverage, the numbers don't lie, 17,500 views over the past 5 days is proof enough.

A big 'thank you' to Shannon Smith for inviting me to provide this coverage, and also to the range crew who were incredibly supportive of what I was trying to do. And also the few competitors who approached me during the match to say 'thank you' for the coverage, it made it all worthwhile.

I'm working on an article for the match which I hope to have ready in the next few days. Also some of the Super Squad videos will be compiled together, for example all the videos for Shane or Dave will be collected together so you can watch all their stages without having to click on the individual links, this may take a little while.

It was good to have a photographer who is also a shooter. You get not interfering with the shooter or the RO's while still getting good images.

Thank you for noticing that, I have attended two matches recently where videographers were inside the shooting area while the competitor was doing their walk-through. At the latest match one shooter had to wave them out of the way several times as they were preventing him from seeing his next target array.

I think that any video crew should remain away from the shooters while they walk-through the stage and -during the actual run - remain behind the RO at all times. They will not get as good a view of the action but it will be safer for all concerned.

The video crew is there to record the event and not interfere with it.

Network coverage for Nationals is going to be very bad (as usual), the range is on a dead zone for 3G/LTE .. some coverage for 3G but very spotty.

I may (or may not) get a mobile repeater on time for Nationals .. I will let you know.

It was good to have a photographer who is also a shooter. You get not interfering with the shooter or the RO's while still getting good images.

Thank you for noticing that, I have attended two matches recently where videographers were inside the shooting area while the competitor was doing their walk-through. At the latest match one shooter had to wave them out of the way several times as they were preventing him from seeing his next target array.

I think that any video crew should remain away from the shooters while they walk-through the stage and -during the actual run - remain behind the RO at all times. They will not get as good a view of the action but it will be safer for all concerned.

The video crew is there to record the event and not interfere with it.

That also happened at this match with the hippy-ish fellow. Can you film me? Sure. Can you do a full orbit around me five seconds before LAMR? Please, no. Keep it behind my visual 180, and hold still until the buzzer goes off. Once that happens you could mug a clown and I wouldn't notice, but during my on-deck and at the start position I really don't want anything else to think about.

That also happened at this match with the hippy-ish fellow. Can you film me? Sure. Can you do a full orbit around me five seconds before LAMR? Please, no. Keep it behind my visual 180, and hold still until the buzzer goes off. Once that happens you could mug a clown and I wouldn't notice, but during my on-deck and at the start position I really don't want anything else to think about.

I would not have believed that if I had not seen them do it to someone else; Try going up to Tiger Woods before he tees off and ask if you can do a slow orbit around him with a camera.

I don't talk to the shooters during walk-through or final stage prep, I know how hard it is to focus on the competition at hand and I know that the cameras are a distraction which is why I try to keep out of everyone's way.

The videos remain in the same folder, but the page changes. The US-IPSC Videos are still on the LiveShots page and also on the Video Page. The difference is that the ones on the Video Page are sorted by Surname and Stage Number whereas LiveShots is sorted by the posting time (most recent at the top).

For the next match the LiveShots page will reset to point to a new (empty) folder.

Edited by BritinUSA

Great seeing you again! After each day of shooting, butt dragging, we realized you had been there all day...EVERYDAY! I'm not sure if everyone realizes the dedication you have to this sport.

Thanks for some great coverage. I was shocked to see you had fimed us....I never saw you standing there! See you again real soon.

Steve and Cindi

Network coverage for Nationals is going to be very bad (as usual), the range is on a dead zone for 3G/LTE .. some coverage for 3G but very spotty.

I may (or may not) get a mobile repeater on time for Nationals .. I will let you know.

I'm not certain that I will be able to run LiveShots in Vegas anyway. I have committed to covering the Ladies match this year, some of them who had not already squadded were kind enough to get together on a single squad to make my work a little easier.

So my priority is conventional coverage, but if I get some time I will try and get it working too if possible. Who knows maybe someone built a tower since last year. :-)

Maybe next year I can get some help (plus extra equipment) and run 2-3 cameras so we can get LiveShots coverage of all the Super Squads at the same time.

I think that would be a game changer for USPSA coverage.