Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 03-01

Flexmoney

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is doable....but probably not on a reproducable basis.

Hopefully I shoot this one soon and see how it goes.

There are no 10 shooter in USPSA that would average this high of a high hit factor.

I just shot it this weekend. I shot a solid run in Limited. Felt like a good Master class run (39 in 5.56). It looks like it will come in at 61.9471%

:wacko:

LMAO

I could see a clean 5 seconds as being 100% in Limited. Flat out hosing and getting lucky in the 4.5 that TDean was talking about.

Broken.

BTW, I hammered the front popper until it exposed the rear popper.  Pretty sure it took 3 good hits.

I have sent an email to USPSA about this one.

Same here.. a few months ago.. heard nothing back..

My hope and request was for them to yank the 'then' and all will be right with the world, but I expect sooner or later there'll be a front-sight article telling us all we have to wait on the poppers.

Meanwhile the HHFs will have been set by somebody shooting it the other, and much faster way.

At least one section and club I know have banned it for likelihood of rounds skipping off a double & triple-tapped front popper.

I got an email back from Dave Thomas at USPSA. Dave appears to be the one that handles this stuff.

He mentioned that the high hit factor was set at a past Nationals. Can anybody point me to that score and stage ? (I started to dig back thru a few Limited Nationals on USPSA.org, but didn't find anything.)

Dave also said that they are looking at lowering this one "a little".

Now might be a good time to flood him with emails. ;)

(The high hit factor on this in Limited is a bit under eleven and a half...it need to be nearer to eight, IMO...which is 5 seconds, clean)

This just in from USPSA:

Notice to All Clubs and Sections,

The following is an excerpt from a response to a letter from a Section Coordinator that will appear in the July/Aug issue of Front Sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classifier 03-01 has been compromised. Apparently some clubs have not been requiring shooters to engage the paper first, this affecting the hit factors in the database. Since we can't sort the good scores from the bad scores, and because we are getting a lot of comments about the in-line poppers, NROI has opted to withdraw 03-01 from use.

We cannot overemphasize the need for clubs to run the classifiers as written. Most shooters fired 03-01 in good faith, and now USPSA must discard their hard-earned scores.

USPSA/NROI urges match directors to check the website for revisions to the latest string of classifiers. Some courses have been recalled and minor changes have been made to a number of others.

Gaa!! It's 100% easy to keep this one, just toss the "THEN". Zero "hard-earned" scores have to be discarded. It won't kill anybody to have a lower than normal score in the DB for a while. That's why we do best-6-of-8. Imagine it was raining that day.. Same difference.

I suggested this several times to Sedro, and their answer is 'pull the COF'. There must be some other thing I don't get, but it reminds me of a MD long ago that yanked a stage from his section match because people weren't shooting it the 'way he wanted them to'.

Imagine that, making a course freestyle. :ph34r:

Maybe the "other thing" was a realization that stacking poppers in-line for a classifier is a bad idea (as it is for a field course). Too much potential for launching rounds over the berm.

Just thinking out loud, but maybe someone considered that while clubs are free to set up steel this way if they choose, it would be a risky situation to have it mandated by the governing organization. Round skips a berm, someone gets hurt, and somebody says, "But, they made us do it that way!" People say dumber things when faced with a negligence suit.

I don't mind seeing this one go away.

• 4 months later...

I shot this today in the mid 8's. Hammered the first popper with 4 shots until it finally dropped out of the way.

This was my wife's 2nd sanctioned match, so of course she's pretty wound up over getting classified sometime in the near future.

Of course I had to tell her this classifier had been thrown out months ago, so out scores will get the same treatment. It would be nice if those running matches would at least attempt to keep up to date.

I knew from this site that a classifier had been thrown out (couldn't remember which one), and the second I saw those two poppers in-line, I knew this had to be it.

• 8 years later...