Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going green....

trp

Whos using bayou bullets in there 1911s or anything for that matter , i am hearing good things what are your thoughts? Are they beveled , what's the barrel look like after a few hundred rounds? Any other comments?

The back side of the bullet is it beveled for seating?

I have been running Bayou Bullets exclusively for the last 18 months. Very happy with them. Clean barrel and clean fingers as Ben mentioned. Backside is beveled for seating. Here is a picture of them...

BB230.jpg

They have a new coating now. Donnie said "no more weird smell".. Just got 3500 of the 147 9MM. The coating is slick looking. No residue on fingers! Have not had a chance to shoot em yet. The 135 9mm worked great though..

They have a new coating now. Donnie said "no more weird smell"..

Does that translate to no more whining from your fellow shooters with overly developed sense of smell?

Actually a good thing... Need to order some 135gr 9 mm and 200gr .45's.

I just got 200 45 swc from Donnie. They are lighter in color. It looks like the coating isn't as thick and is a little inconsitent. I haven't got a chance to shoot any of the new ones yet. Someone on another board said he didn't have any trouble shooting high velocity 38 supers. I'm sure they will be fine but they didn't look quite as good as the bullets I'd received in the past. Mark.

As I posted above, the 45 200gr swc bullets I received had a lighter color green coatin, the coatings appearance being a little uneven. Today I got an order of 160 gr 38's. These are nearly black looking and very well covered and very slick. I haven't had a chance to shoot either of the new bullets. Mark

I just received a shipment of Donnie's bullets and I am very happy to say that they are better than anticipated! I loaded up a bunch and took them to the range along with samples loaded with Berrys, Black Bullet Int and Missouri Bullet Company bullets. The green bullets ran great, were accurate and smoked far less than any of the other lead / moly bullets. On top of it they look great! :)

I'm planning on placing another order for more .45's as well as a full supply in 9mm.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been shooting them in .45 and .38 for the last couple of years. I have never had any problem with them at all and love the way they eliminate most of the smoke.

I also noticed the color went from dark green to light green and now almost emerald. I did not know the reason but I have had some fellow shooters mention the smell but I never noticed it at all.