Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy M&P Shield...

FightFireJay

Try selling S&W at the wholesale level!!! The demand for Shields is astronomical and supply is abysmal. Every retailer in the country has Shields on backorder with multiple wholesale distributors. S&W is dribbling out small numbers each week, but without having your name on the list with a retailer and/or paying a deposit your odds of just finding a Shield calling a random dealer is null (as you've found out). Same story going back to Keltec 32's a decade ago and way back S&W 44mags in the Dirty Harry days...

Taprackbang, one of 3 tho gs is happening with your dealer...

1- your dealer doesn't understand the ridiculous back order and waiting times (some dealers have had it on order since just after released and haven't received one)

2- he is trying to string you along to keep your $419

3- he has a crystal ball and knows when he will get a delivery of one of the most highly demanded and lowest produced firearms.

At least that is how I see it after talking to 75 local gun shops.

I agree with FightFireJay.

One of the reasons GandRTactical and others I assume, state on top of their site that mfg's don't tell them when they will get OOS items.

In regards to the Shield; that doesn't mean that some dealers don't have a close friend that is close to the supply chain or that they won't run into someone who would know that at some point at some show. But that would be very rare for most guns, let alone ones that are in high demand like that.

Edited by PC Geek Shooter

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on this pursuit quite a long time ago and I certainly will not pay more than $400 for it. I have shelved this idea up for the 2nd half of next year.

Incidentally, for retailers that are selling to LEO/Military/1st-Responders, they have allocation beyond your wildest dream. But, none of us civilians qualify to buy those.

Edited by Art Yeo

• 2 months later...

I gave up on this pursuit quite a long time ago and I certainly will not pay more than $400 for it. I have shelved this idea up for the 2nd half of next year.

Incidentally, for retailers that are selling to LEO/Military/1st-Responders, they have allocation beyond your wildest dream. But, none of us civilians qualify to buy those.

UPDATE:

I have bought a Beretta Nano instead and I am pretty happy with its performance. The Nano was tested by GunsAndAmmo and came up on the top in terms of the accuracy.

Based on my reloads, the gun is very accurate and concealing it for carry is a piece of cake. Complete concealment.

I'm with the others that has commented on not finding one anywhere. I called Atlantic Tactical and you can buy one as a civilian but the price is higher, only thing is they do not have any and do not know when they will get any in.