Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to add Mr. Bullet Feeder but don't want to lose powder check

LoLeft

Loading 9mm on an XL650 and want to add a Mr. Bullet Feeder but want to keep my powder check sensor. Here's want I am thinking and wanted to see if anyone else has experience running this set up.

station 1- U-Die/sizing /decapping

station 2- Powder/Bell/Prime-Dillon

station 3- Powder check sensor

station 4 Bullet Feeder

station 5- Lee seat/crimp die

Not sure if this in the right sub-category for this question, so if it is not feel free to move and I apologize in advance .

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

That should work. All I know is that seating/crimping in the same station is less desirable than separate stations for consistency.

We all have our preferences but I would just add some light and ditch the powder sensor in favor of visually looking into the case prior to bullet seating.

i'd lose the powder check too. on a 650, there is less chance of double charging. In fact, no charge is more possible than double charge. There is a nice hole in the middle of the toolhead great for small light (flashlight).

That should work. All I know is that seating/crimping in the same station is less desirable than separate stations for consistency.

We all have our preferences but I would just add some light and ditch the powder sensor in favor of visually looking into the case prior to bullet seating.

+1

I made it a habit to visually check the case for powder each time I place the bullet. All these years doing that it actually felt weird after I added the bullet feeder, like I'm missing a step... I just have to re-train my head to look inside the case for powder before it goes up for a bullet.

I load all my ammo with Seat/Crimp on the last station, even moly/lead bullets. I have no problems with consistency, and my Bianchi ammo shoots under an inch when I do my part. I use the Hornady 3 die sets. Once you get your die set up correctly, you won't have any issues.

• 3 months later...

Buy the bullet feeder! I use a seat/crimp die and the Dillon powder check system. I don't trust the Dillon powder check system, so still use my eyes. But with a bulelt feeder and case feeder, that's really all I have to do while pulling the handle. Left hand just kind of hangs out and my eyes watch the incoming cases with powder. It's so smooth. I'll go up once a day and crank out 100 rounds in under 10 minutes. So much easier than with the... lesser presses.

Forget the powder check. You need to learn to look in the shell for powder level. Batteries fail, dies get out of adjustment etc. Your eyes don't fail you. The ammo you load will be much more uniform if you use a seperate bullet seater and crimp die.

Thanks for All the input. Ended up adding the Mr. Bullet Feeder in place of the powder check sensor. Honestly, cant imagine ever loading without the bullet feeder now that I have it. Added a LED light to see into the case. The bullet feeder and the RF100 are 2 ítems that i am extremely glad i bought and now cant live without!

Edited by MxDad427