Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SURVEY: OPEN GLOCKS

McGlock

Just doing a survey of how many forum members are shooting an open gun built on a glock platform. Remember this is any glock that is considered open: Comped, red dot (or for the few who use irons with a comp), and rocked out to roll in open!

McGlock

www.customglockshooters.com

I Shot and do shoot a 2011 open gun. I got an open glock put together mainly for a backup gun incase the sti goes down. I had a glock base gun already, some stuff off prize table etc so I have very little in the glock open gun. Its a good shooter and well worth the money.

I've never shot a STI open or otherwise. I got the SJC open glock because it came up for sale locally for $1350 with 2 big sticks, and a DAA holster. Seemed like a good deal to try open without breaking the bank. Just made A with it, and I like shooting open so it's a keeper.

If I see a great deal on an open STI I may pick one up. Don't think the Glock is holding me back, I would just want to see what all the fuss is about.

I am thinking of getting an open glock. Did any of you guys ever shoot 1911 open guns? If so why did you switch over to glock?

My very first 2011 open build, Caspian slide, STI frame, Shuemann fitted barrel with EGW 7 port comp, C-More Serendipity, .38 Super in 1996. Sold it a couple months later.

Second, factory built SVI Infinity in .38 Super also, first year the interchangeable breechfaces came out (1998?) Tasco Optima slide cut.

Same as the attached pic but not with the hybri-ports. Sold that caused I needed the money for my wife's medical treatment.

For me the S_I grip frame never felt comfortable. I always shot my Glocks & was very comfortable with them. I went with an open Glock due to cost & easier availability of components.

post-25308-0-50605700-1345076516_thumb.j

I've shot my G35 in both Production and Limited. But my eyesight isn't that great and focusing on the sights has been a struggle. So I got a G22 top and a Jager conversion and swapped parts from my G35 top. So, I now have a gun that can be switched between Production, Limited, L10, and Open in under 5 minutes.

Now if I could just find more time to practice...

I have 3 of them. SJC 9mm (G17) Major w/Cmore,and 2 9mm (G17) Steel guns w/Cmore & Delta Point optics. Use same open rig for Limited (G24), Limited steel challenge (G34). Also Limited 10 (G35). Same mag pouches for all.

Edited by sweetback

Hey all. I have a friend who is working on a cool project or a new product a d just doing a little market research to see of the market is big enoUgh to further develop a product specifically for open. So that's the reason for this survey an for one button on this survey..

Edited by McGlock

Hmmmmm.....McGlock, I wonder if this something I may have PM'ed you about a little while back..... :unsure:

Wish I could tell you but I need to keep it a secret... Just testing out the market and seeing what kind of response is out there.

I sold my old STI gun because it was made by a big name gunsmith but it wasnt what I wanted an if I started having the slide milled, etc, I'd be spending a lot of money to decrease its value. I got the SJC Glock for a good deal and like its reliability relative to my old STI and the low cost of spare parts, and reliability of spare magazines. I just can't see myself spending the money for an STI open gun. I just don't feel I'm giving up much to them.

Have a STI since late 80's? It was built with a Delta Elite slide, C-more rail. Still have it, love it, shoot it. Also a First Gen G20, still love it and shoot it. It's fun and practice. I' now thinking a 9 X 25 barrel comp. Because I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...