Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo recommendations 9mm

bthoefer

I have been shooting 147 grain Atlanta Arms 9mm but have been having issues with the last case I got (cost me 3 stages today at match). I am looking for alternatives.

What do you guys recommend for 9mm? I like the feel of the 147 grain, but I am open to options especially 124 grain. I don't reload and don't feel like I have time to set up to reload before the GA State match next month (I'll look at reloading later).

Thank You

I have been shooting 147 grain Atlanta Arms 9mm but have been having issues with the last case I got

Bthoefer, what kind of problem are you having with the 147's?

I'd suspect it might be the gun or mags, not the ammo??

Have you tried firing a box or two of some other type of

ammo and see if you're having the same issues?

:cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

The issue I am having is a failure to feed.

Rounds are stopping about half way to into the chamber. Some times all it takes is a bump to the back of the slide to fully chamber the round. Other times I can hit the slide as hard as I can and it will not budge and requires the round to be ejected by racking the slide.

I have been shooting this ammo in this gun problem free for 3,000 rounds. Some of the same 147 grain Atlanta Arms ammo from another lot number ran flawlessly after the match yesterday. Switching back to the batch I have immediately caused failures.

Other ammo (115 grain winchester and 115 grain federal) do not cause the issue.

I have already replaced the recoil spring and magazines that I was originally using when this issue started, so I have ruled those out.

I am sure that it is an issue with this individual batch of ammo.

I emailed Atlanta Arms about the issue but it was Saturday night so I don't expect an answer from them until normal business hours next week. I'll update here when I hear back from them.

Edited by bthoefer

tactical Ammounition, you have to ask for the mean lady and ask for the 9mm competion load

and please ask for the mean lady, the gamimg ammo is not lisited on there web site.

The issue is a failure to feed.

Rounds are stopping half way into the chamber.

I have been shooting this ammo for 3,000 rounds. Some of the same 147 grain Atlanta Arms ammo from another lot number ran flawlessly after the match yesterday. Switching back to the batch I have immediately caused failures.

Other ammo (115 grain winchester and 115 grain federal) do not cause the issue.

BTH, have you tried "dropping" the cartridges into your chamber

(barrel removed)? They should drop in easily, and come out easily.

:cheers:

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

What do you guys recommend for 9mm? I like the feel of the 147 grain, but I am open to options especially 124 grain. I don't reload and don't feel like I have time to set up to reload before the GA State match next month (I'll look at reloading later).

Hornady Steel Match My link

9mm is loaded to make minor.

About $18 to 20 per box of 50 My link

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

...I don't reload and don't feel like I have time to set up to reload before the GA State match next month (I'll look at reloading later).

Thank You

Get working on reloading NOW. It will save you a fortune, and you can do your own QC way better than some stranger. Get a Dillon XL-650 and a few other minor accessories and you will be turning out good, reliable ammo in no time (like, within a weekend). Once you start, you will be kicking yourself for not doing it years ago.