Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMORE RTS

sweetback

Any shooter who uses Cmore RTS slide mount or frame mount. I need feed back on FAILURES only. How many rds. used before dot went out. How long did you have it before dot went out. What was the responce from Cmore about failure and repair. And would you recommend it's purchase.

I have had many cmore's and only two have ever gone back. One of those was due to the fact that I dropped it and cracked the glass. Their response time has always been excellent and they have been more than fair with me. I had to pay for the new glass on the one that I dropped, and shipping back, but they also replaced the board, dot module and click switch for me for free while it was there. The other one that malf'ed was a warranty issue and they replaced the unit free and turned it around in a matter of about two days.

You may find more stories of cmore's units failing, I don't understand electronics, but the constant battering of a dot mounted in slide ride fashion is probably enough to break most anything. What I bet you won't find is a story of poor service from them or not making it right. They are good people.

Any shooter who uses Cmore RTS slide mount or frame mount. I need feed back on FAILURES only. How many rds. used before dot went out. How long did you have it before dot went out. What was the responce from Cmore about failure and repair. And would you recommend it's purchase.

Since the RTS is a pretty new unit, I doubt that there is going to be much history on it yet.

I have one on my new MC open gun with the Cheely frame mount. Only 4 match's so far and all

is good. Will let you know if I have any problems or after 10K or 20K rounds. Should know

something by then.

Edited by racegun9

Of all of the C-Mores I have owned I only had trouble with one.. I shot a match in the pouring rain and the C-more worked fine while shooting. Dried it out that night and replaced the battery a couple of days later but it would not work. Sent it in and they sent me a new C-more at no charge. Total turnaround time 7 business days.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first RTS in March on a 9mm Major Flashcat, it lasted about 400 rounds glass cracked, I called Limcat Johnny replaced it Immediately, Couple thousand rounds later I changed the battery and a silver disk fell out of the battery tray, I called C-More they said its needs to be soldered in place ask me to send it in at my expense they replaced Electronics & installed new battery had it back overnight. A few thousand rounds later I noticed two lock screws working their way out that were NOT VISIBLE, before, called C-More they said when they fixed it they must have forgot to apply black silicone to keep them in place..I applied silicone myself. Today I went to the range and noticed the intensity slide switch no longer works in the auto mode only works in the manual setting it's now off or in full bright bright mode, I'll call C-More tomorrow Thats been my experience with the RTS I'll keep you posted..

Got my first RTS in March on a 9mm Major Flashcat, it lasted about 400 rounds glass cracked, I called Limcat Johnny replaced it Immediately, Couple thousand rounds later I changed the battery and a silver disk fell out of the battery tray, I called C-More they said its needs to be soldered in place ask me to send it in at my expense they replaced Electronics & installed new battery had it back overnight. A few thousand rounds later I noticed two lock screws working their way out that were NOT VISIBLE, before, called C-More they said when they fixed it they must have forgot to apply black silicone to keep them in place..I applied silicone myself. Today I went to the range and noticed the intensity slide switch no longer works in the auto mode only works in the manual setting it's now off or in full bright bright mode, I'll call C-More tomorrow Thats been my experience with the RTS I'll keep you posted..

i ordered a razorcat from LIMCAT and it will also be mounted with an rts . I hope it will not also crack .

is the cmore mounted on slide or frame?

Thanks

i have about 800 rounds through mine right now. Been shooting it about a week. had it zero'ed at 25 and went to a match and the zero had shifted about a foot low. frame mounted, on a open minor gun - aside from that I like it so far.

gorilla tape over the sensor when shooting indoors to make the dot usable.

Mine shifted couple times about 4inches from my sight in point first time thought it might be my fault second time ?? think it might have had something to do with very very tiny screws (allen heads?) backing out twice on their own.. (1.25-1.50 Low at 7 yards seems to work for me) but 4" off at seven yards makes a huge difference at 15 yds, I also agree the Dot is entirely too large, I'll try the tape.

i have about 800 rounds through mine right now. Been shooting it about a week. had it zero'ed at 25 and went to a match and the zero had shifted about a foot low. frame mounted, on a open minor gun - aside from that I like it so far.

gorilla tape over the sensor when shooting indoors to make the dot usable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an RTS on a glock 9 major on a SJC micro dot mount and have had two failures in the last month. The first time I sent it to cmore after the negative terminal broke off. They fixed and sent it back quick. I shot the TN sectional and then loaded some rounds to chrono and after about 8 rounds throught the chrono, the disc for the positive terminal came unsoldered. Sending back to get fixed tomorrow. This sucks!!! I have about 4k-5k on the scope total. Cmore has great service, I'm just kinda deturbed about two failures in a month, especially the second one after just getting it back. Other than this issue, it is a great scope. I love the size and aluminum shell. Just wish the electronics were a little more trustworthy.

• 4 weeks later...

Another C-MORE RTS Failure.. I'm on my second RTS first one glass cracked. Second one has failed 3 times today the slide switch no longer works in the Auto mode exact same failure I sent it in 800 rounds ago. This is outrageous would you recommend this product if you had this many problems. And this has all happened since March.

How are these being mounted? Scope mount or slide mounted?

Remember an open gun is a very violent, brutal device to mount optics on. For years we had issues with dots mounted on scope mounts, I don't doubt most old timers still have boxes of broken scopes and carry multiples with them to matches. Mounting any kind of an optic on a slide is going to have a higher failure rate. If an open gun can crack a steel slide it will break anything with circuitry and glass attached to it.

C-More sent me a new RTS I received it today. Finally after talking to C-More on Monday, I felt they are making some changes to RTS for the better, and are addressing the RTS failures.

Another C-MORE RTS Failure.. I'm on my second RTS first one glass cracked. Second one has failed 3 times today the slide switch no longer works in the Auto mode exact same failure I sent it in 800 rounds ago. This is outrageous would you recommend this product if you had this many problems. And this has all happened since March.

I have an RTS that I have been using for approximately 6 months. The C-More is mounted on a S&W Model 41 Steel Challenge gun so it is not taking the beating like an open gun. I would think if they have a problem with the switches I will experience the same thing, may take a little longer due to the lack of recoil. Based on my previous experience with C-More I don't anticipate having a problem getting it fixed or replaced other than the inconvience of shipping it back. If they find that the problems are inherant to the design or parts being used it would be nice if they issued a recall on them. If it is just here and there it is like anything else things happen.

I have a friend who has the STS on his CZ 9 mm open gun (which he built himself).. and it has been running strong for a few months now.. Was thinking about the STS on a Tanfoglio Open gun... will have to keep an eye on that STS when i finally get the funds to get myself the Tanfoglio open gun.

RDG