Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Performance difference in SP01 "Aussie" Shadow

eerw

Anyone note any performance differences in the "Aussie" SP01 Shadow from the standard Sp01 Shadow.

it appears that only the barrel is different in the two guns. is the .3" in length of barrel worth anything in velocity or accuracy?

Vance Scmid told us his Bianchi Cup SP01 Shadow was capable of 2.5" at 50 yards from a ransom rest using the Hornady HAP bullet. So the standard gun can do accuracy.

Even if there is no velocity increase with the longer barrel, the extra barrel length might be handy if you wanted to suppress one. I just wish they'd make a stainless SP-01....

Edited by pivoproseem

Besides a small velocity difference, I haven't experienced any other advantage.

Anyone note any performance differences in the "Aussie" SP01 Shadow from the standard Sp01 Shadow.

it appears that only the barrel is different in the two guns. is the .3" in length of barrel worth anything in velocity or accuracy?

Vance Scmid told us his Bianchi Cup SP01 Shadow was capable of 2.5" at 50 yards from a ransom rest using the Hornady HAP bullet. So the standard gun can do accuracy.

Even if there is no velocity increase with the longer barrel, the extra barrel length might be handy if you wanted to suppress one. I just wish they'd make a stainless SP-01....

O was looking into this very thing, and the Aussie barrel's extra .3 isn't enough to support a suppressor.

• 3 months later...

Use a Tactical Sport barrel, it will give you an extra .6"

O was looking into this very thing, and the Aussie barrel's extra .3 isn't enough to support a suppressor.

Edited by kneelingatlas

The extra barrel length is there due to Australian minimum barrel length laws.

A regular CZ has too short a barrel. A CZ-75BD, however, is legal.

Why? Because when they measured a CZ-75, the barrel was under the new law requirement, but when they measured a BD, it just passed.

There you go, Australian common sense gun laws in action....

Mick