Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 1911?

trp

I have a Springfield. I bought the gun, put about 100 rounds through it to check it out. Sent it back to Springfiled custom shop to "finish" it!

BTW - Their custom shop is great and very reasonable IMHO. All of my SS are Springfield's and all have been sent to them to "finish".

I had them blend in Smith and Alexander low profile magwell, Dawson Front sight, trigger job, and stipple the front strap. Now it's "finished" to me. :-)

The gun is a pleasure to shoot and will be making an appearance in SS division soon. I have 8 Wilson 10 round 9mm mags and they have worked perfectly so far.

post-8863-0-72917600-1342780633_thumb.jp

I have a Springfield also worked on by the Springfield Custom Shop. It works great and even feeds ammo with JHPs' although the ones I've tried have a round nose shape. I liked mine so much I purchased another through Scott Warren who has them built in Springfield's Custom Shop. Todd Green is doing an endurance test on his and it went 2000 rounds without a malfunction. :)

I see a lot of people recommend the Spartan for the value. Does the non-ramped barrel cause any issues with case support or feeding?

I can tell you that the one I owned would not feed anything realibly except RN profile bullets. Believe me, I tried every profile and weight size bullet I could get my hands on from cast to plated to jacketed.

I see a lot of people recommend the Spartan for the value. Does the non-ramped barrel cause any issues with case support or feeding?

Any good gunsmith can make a non-ramped gun feed as good as a ramped gun. The ramped barrels were not developed to correct feeding problems, they were developed to give full support to the case due to the frequency of case ruptures with the .38 Super making major PF in Open Div.

Anybody know the cost to hard chrome just the frame on a 1911? Paul the new guy I really like the looks of that but I also want it to run my edge runs great so I thought another sti would do the trick

It cost me $100.00 to get the frame chromed. All of the little pieces are polished, the flats are brushed and the rounds are matte. Trojans will run hollow points or flat points but mine is unreliable with anything that does not have a round nose. With any round nose bullet it runs 100 percent. The only issue I ever had was the extractor needed to be re tensioned and I knocked the front sight lose when I smacked it on a range prop. Good luck with your search.

Thanks for the info

Any good gunsmith can make a non-ramped gun feed as good as a ramped gun. The ramped barrels were not developed to correct feeding problems, they were developed to give full support to the case due to the frequency of case ruptures with the .38 Super making major PF in Open Div.

Exactly.

I can't say enough good things about my Fusion 9mm Longslide and my Dan Wesson PM-9. Both are top notch and a pure pleasure to spend an afternoon with.

Got any pics?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a DW Pointman 9 (PM9) and am very happy with it. As luck would have it, I'm going to need to spend just a bit of money to get it right for me.

1) ambi safety - it doesn't come with one and I'm left handed

2) it comes with a great fiber optic front sight, in red. I'm going to have to spend $5 for some green FO since I'm red color blind and my eyes are pretty insensitive to red.

But thats it!!. The gun is super accurate with my reloads although I haven't shot enough through it to be 100% sure about reliability, but its been good so far.

The trigger is NICER than any Les Baer, Nighthawk, or Wilson I've ever owned.

I'm not crazy about the stainless, but I may do something about that soon. I'm thinking of one of the vapor deposition coatings like IonBond for just the slide.

Don

You might consider a Taurus PT-1911 in 9mm. People run them down who don't have one, but,

the late model ones seem to run quite well. Remember, a lot of foreign cars didn't fare well the first few models but improved by leaps and bounds after a few years.

You could also try a Taurus PT1911 in 9mm. People who have never had one generally run them down but most who have them like them.

I love all 5 of mine.... 9mm, 38 Super (non Pimped out) and 3 45 ACP's... one of the .45's has OVER 15,000 rounds on it... :cheers:

You could also try a Taurus PT1911 in 9mm. People who have never had one generally run them down but most who have them like them.

I love all 5 of mine.... 9mm, 38 Super (non Pimped out) and 3 45 ACP's... one of the .45's has OVER 15,000 rounds on it... :cheers:

They are tempting. $400 for a full house 1911 from CDNN

They are tempting. $400 for a full house 1911 from CDNN

Yep... those are the pimped out one.............. :roflol:

Crockett carried a Bren Ten and a Detonics Combatmaster later seasons he had a Smith 645 and the same Detonics Combat master.

None were pimped out.

I wish I had that Bren Ten, heck I wish had any Bren Ten.

Oh yea and mags to go with it.

Totally pimped. Its like something Sonny Crocket would carry.

pt1911BG.jpg

Love my STI Spartan in 9mm. Accurate, trigger isn't bad (about 3.5lbs), and reliable. Mine just needs an ambi safety since I'm a lefty.

I don't see case support being an issue since I only plan to shoot minor loads through it. I haven't shot anything but 115gr fmj through it yet, but plan to load some 150gr lswc or 160gr lrn.

Edited by mpolans

Crockett carried a Bren Ten and a Detonics Combatmaster later seasons he had a Smith 645 and the same Detonics Combat master.

None were pimped out.

I wish I had that Bren Ten, heck I wish had any Bren Ten.

Oh yea and mags to go with it.

Totally pimped. Its like something Sonny Crocket would carry.

pt1911BG.jpg

Guy said "would" carry.... not did carry.................. <_< <_< <_< <_<

Since he didnt carry a pimped out pistol why "would" he carry this :rolleyes:

Guy said "would" carry.... not did carry.................. <_< <_< <_< <_<

Becase you can pick one up for 399.00 bucks ....... thats why.... too me, that's CHEAP shooting.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: