Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3G Shotgun

racerx40

I've been using a Benelli M2, 21" for several years. It's light, reliable and kicks a bit. A buddy just got a Remington Versa Max Tactical. It's very Benelli in design, so, reliable, and being gas it does kick a bit softer than the M2. A Versa Max will likely be filling a spot in the safe for my wife.

I shot an FN for a few years. I just switched to a versa max. I didn't think the FN kicked, but the versa max is ridiculously soft shooting. I can load it faster too. I've also shot some pretty light loads in it without malfunction.

+1 for the Benelli M2. BUT, you should have Benny Hill or one of the other top guys do their magic. My runs flawlessly unless I add to or change something Benny did. The ability to adjust drop and cast on the stock (I understand VersaMax has this ability) makes it easy to make it to fit YOU. I use it for everything, 3-Gun, trap, hunting. I love my sxs doubles but the Benelli is the gun I grab most often.

"racerx40" i was in the same boat as you a couple months ago and from reading tons of forums and talking to a bunch of people i went with the m2 and sent it in to accurate iron. i must say i made the right choice that gun shoot amazing and feels even better.

I know it wasn't one of the options listed but I recently purchased a Remington Versamax Tactical (as recomended by some of the gents here) and I've been very happy. It comes set up out of the box and it feeds everything. The recoil is almost nonexistant and full power slugs feel like shooting an AR-15 with a good brake on it. I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It'll need the reciever opened up and some other minor work (sending it to benny hill when I can get the $ together) but I shot it at a match last weekend after only having shot it once before and I was more than happy/impressed. I'd give it a serious look. Plus you can find it for around 1100-1200 and it's already to go out of the box.

Racerx40, I was in the same boat several months ago, you can't go wrong with the M2, just get a C-rums welded lifter, and a nordic ext, and go shoot. The most reliable shotgun I have owned. Good luck, JP

$1,050 from grabagun.com plus $6 for shipping...

Mick

I know it wasn't one of the options listed but I recently purchased a Remington Versamax Tactical (as recomended by some of the gents here) and I've been very happy. It comes set up out of the box and it feeds everything. The recoil is almost nonexistant and full power slugs feel like shooting an AR-15 with a good brake on it. I really don't have anything bad to say about it. It'll need the reciever opened up and some other minor work (sending it to benny hill when I can get the $ together) but I shot it at a match last weekend after only having shot it once before and I was more than happy/impressed. I'd give it a serious look. Plus you can find it for around 1100-1200 and it's already to go out of the box.

I just purchased a M2 at Dicks for $876 out the door. This is the American without the ComfortTech stock which explains the cheaper price but this is the only way I could afford a Benelli right now. I got sick of making excuses for my 1100 and after the last match I shot it cost me third place so adios 1100. Nordic tube is on the way and the lifter got sent to C-Rums this morning...

26". I ordered a Nordic +6 tube which should put the end of the tube a couple inches shy of the muzzle. The 1100 has always been suspect but it's all I had by acquiring it in a trade. It would run good from time-to-time but when it choked it choked big. I can say that by shooting the 1100 it's made me very proficient in clearing of malfunctions. I just ordered a STI Lawman for Single Stack a month ago and figured that would be my big gun purchase for the year but the price on this Benelli was too good. I sold a couple things to make it work and I now have this beast. I was going to hold out for a 930 JM but just wasn't a 100% sold on them and want to get away from gas systems. Hopefully everything makes it back by this weekend for a match...

Hey all

I am wanting to buy a new 3g shotgun and do not know which one to get? Please let me know pros and cons to both the FN and Benelli. Thanks

Sam Conway

Awful lot of people are trying to find the Benelli on a budget, but for me, Voigt has a couple of titles with the original. The FN is the only other one I'd consider after playing with a couple of the Team FNH guns while visiting AZ and Predator Tactical.

Hey all

I am wanting to buy a new 3g shotgun and do not know which one to get? Please let me know pros and cons to both the FN and Benelli. Thanks

Sam Conway

which class standard?

If standard get a baikal 153 if they sell it in the US. Open get a Molot if they sell it or if not a Saiga or a Akdal anything but tube fed.

26". I ordered a Nordic +6 tube which should put the end of the tube a couple inches shy of the muzzle. The 1100 has always been suspect but it's all I had by acquiring it in a trade. It would run good from time-to-time but when it choked it choked big. I can say that by shooting the 1100 it's made me very proficient in clearing of malfunctions. I just ordered a STI Lawman for Single Stack a month ago and figured that would be my big gun purchase for the year but the price on this Benelli was too good. I sold a couple things to make it work and I now have this beast. I was going to hold out for a 930 JM but just wasn't a 100% sold on them and want to get away from gas systems. Hopefully everything makes it back by this weekend for a match...

+ 1 on the American M2,I have one as well and love it.

I am currently watching out the window for the USPS to drop off my lifter from C-Rums. It is the only thing I am waiting for to get ready for tomorrow's match and if he doesn't show up in the hour I am SOL. I am so stoked about the M2!!