Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

unloading "debate"

ErikW

Agreed.

Nice to know that everyone is interested in determining what is and isn't good for someone else. Hey, isn't that what government's for?

No. I'll give ya a hint why... The document ways "We the People..." not "We the gubment..."

It would seem by the number of debates on the topic that it is important enough of an issue to develop further, and a poll sample of 72 is lame.

Everyone should have the right to either enter the conversation or remain outside it IMO, that right was given up because the mods don't want to moderate?

There is a report function on this board isn't there? Why not let those in the conversation have their say and worry about moderating it when a member reports something offensive?

I will spare you a seperate thread in this "what I hate" section on overmoderation, and leave my piece as having been said here.

You are welcome to disagree.

Agreed.

Nice to know that everyone is interested in determining what is and isn't good for someone else. Hey, isn't that what government's for?

No. I'll give ya a hint why... The document ways "We the People..." not "We the gubment..."

Newsflash, chief... that document forms a government. I'll spare you my take on political obligation, but we can agree to disagree, if you like. And I wasn't speaking about a particular government, it was more a referent for where governments seem to end up.

[insert Distant Scream Out of the Wilderness]

When I was 16-17, I used to shoot trap and skeet with a bunch of crabby old farts. There was a guy there (with an obnoxious streak on par with mine) who used to shoot with the ugliest Win 97's you've ever seen. Occasionally, we'd play "trick o' the day" and swap guns. The 97 is particularly amenable to stylishly catching the empty hull out of the air. It REALLY used to annoy the old codgers with their $3000 foo foo guns.

"Stop doing that!!!"

"Doing what?"

"Catching the shell. You're disturbing my concentration, dammit!!"

I'm SO glad it still annoys people. It makes me feel like something's right with the universe.

EricW, you need to show up with an ejector-equipped O/U and say, "Look, I brought this because I know how much you hate me catching shells from the 97." Then always break it open forcefully with the breech aimed at the codger so he's dodging hulls.

I read some of those posts with great humor. everything is based around fliping and catching the round, I believe TGO started this, I could be wrong, and the round going off. LOL...If it goes off theres nothing to catch! and both hands are as far away from the round as they are going to be at the time it would detonate! It goes off in the port, not mid air!

I have seen someone do everything right (at the AWARE match a few years ago), grip the back of the slide, pull it back let the round fall out with the pistol held so that the grip is pointing straight down (no canting) and when it detonated in the ejection port it still took a good chunk out of his right finger (which was being held out away from the frame) and left a pretty, impressionist pattern of blood on the wall next to him.

The injuries described in most of the incidents would have happened anyways, strictly because of the round going off, not how the unload was performed.]

If you don't like it fine, I don't tend to do it either, but don't connect an injury to something unrelated. In all those threads I don't recall seeing (correct me if I'm wrong) anyone propose a ban on long ejectors, only on the unload practice?!?!

I read some of those posts with great humor. everything is based around fliping and catching the round, I believe TGO started this, I could be wrong, and the round going off. LOL...If it goes off theres nothing to catch! and both hands are as far away from the round as they are going to be at the time it would detonate! It goes off in the port, not mid air!

I have seen someone do everything right (at the AWARE match a few years ago), grip the back of the slide, pull it back let the round fall out with the pistol held so that the grip is pointing straight down (no canting) and when it detonated in the ejection port it still took a good chunk out of his right finger (which was being held out away from the frame) and left a pretty, impressionist pattern of blood on the wall next to him.

The injuries described in most of the incidents would have happened anyways, strictly because of the round going off, not how the unload was performed.]

If you don't like it fine, I don't tend to do it either, but don't connect an injury to something unrelated. In all those threads I don't recall seeing (correct me if I'm wrong) anyone propose a ban on long ejectors, only on the unload practice?!?!

I love you, man. :D