Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cell Phones

roostershooter

I agree that cell phones have their place. But do people always have to jump on the phone the minute that they leave a parking lot from work, or while their driving down the road.

What I want to know is ... "What is everyone talking about?" Are their lives that filled with so many exciting details that they have to constantly talk to everyone they know on the drive home? Really???

If so, I take pride in knowing that I live a simple life and I don't have to talk to everyone I know every day. My phone conversations usually consist of one of a few things, and usually consist of when someone is coming over for a particular meeting, when I'm supposed to be somewhere, or catching up with small details of family and friends. Sorry, but I feel no need to fill the quiet moments of my life with constant talking about junk that doesn't matter.

Lastly, I actually feel relieved when I accidently forget my cell phone at home when I go on a day trip or out to run errands. In this instance, the only person that I absolutely love to talk to all the time is usually with me ... my wife.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy catching up with friends and acquaintances as much as the next person, but not all the time and while I'm driving down the road!

Rant over!!!

Edited by roostershooter

You know there is a new Federal Law that makes it....

Woops, sorry. Let me catch this call.........

Hello.Is that you Merlin? Listen dude, get off the cell and finish your post. Press 1 to finish your post in english, Pulse número dos para finalizar el post en español, Press 3 to close this post. :D

Twice today I had bozo's flapping their lips on the phone and drifting into my lane. When I'm in my f-150, fine. Hit me, they'll lose. When I'm on my bike like I was today... THAT'S when I get pissed. It's not like you can't HEAR my bike.

:angry2:

Edited by Paul Santiago

I think they call it multi-tasking :rolleyes: .

I work with a guy whose wife will call or he will call her a dozen times a day. WTH, don't these people talk at home. If my wife calls me at work, there is something wrong.

If my wife calls me at work, there is something wrong.

Same here. My new "boss" is not of my generation. He wanted my cell phone number in case of an urgent situation arising. He texts me all day long while I'm working to tell me stuff he should be calling me on the work cell phone.to say. He thinks talking is old school, he told me. I told him if my phone rings it's my wife, one of my kids, or one of only a handful of other people who have my number. I told him if it's not one of that select group I don't answer it anyway so stop texting me. cheers.gif

Almost got run over by a lady in Target parking lot this afternoon.

She was on the phone!

I think I'm going to take a proactive approach to this problem, and install a train horn on my vehicle. Everytime I pull up to someone on the phone. I'm hitting the horn! Whenever someone is in front of me sitting at a stop light, and it turns green. Then they're looking down at their phone while I'm trying to get somewhere ... the horn.

Maybe this will fix the issue ... well .. at least it will help me feel better.

:)

This is what I'M talking about ....

If my wife calls me at work, there is something wrong.

Same here. My new "boss" is not of my generation. He wanted my cell phone number in case of an urgent situation arising. He texts me all day long while I'm working to tell me stuff he should be calling me on the work cell phone.to say. He thinks talking is old school, he told me. I told him if my phone rings it's my wife, one of my kids, or one of only a handful of other people who have my number. I told him if it's not one of that select group I don't answer it anyway so stop texting me. cheers.gif

I once told my boss, "When you pay for my cell phone, you can have the number. Until then, it's my personal phone".