Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CB45 Range Diary

CB45

Chad at the level you are shooting and the amount of time you have put in take the plunge and have a gun built, get a new slide on frankenblue and dump the back up.

i agree
This is an odd day...I actually think Kurt and Jake are offering good advice. I actually have to agree with them. Edited by smith52

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to take this to a crowdfunding website. We need people to invest in the building of an Open gun to keep CHad in the game! Or start a thread on here and convince people to donate new parts for a open gun build. While we are at it.. I'm going to put myself on the list for donations!

We need to take this to a crowdfunding website. We need people to invest in the building of an Open gun to keep CHad in the game! Or start a thread on here and convince people to donate new parts for a open gun build. While we are at it.. I'm going to put myself on the list for donations!

I got a hammer, sear spring, reverse plug, and ejector to throw in.

Thanks Bob! We made it here safe and sound. Right at 17 hrs with pit stops. Kurt supermanned it and drove the whole way, Thanks Kurt!

We spent all 6hrs at the range looking at stages and watching others stage plans. There's going to be some tough stages and shots today and tomorrow.

Today should be pretty straight forward shooting. One semi-technical stage, but I've gotta good stage plan

We start out tomorrow with the stage with the hardest targets with the sun in our eyes, that will be a challenge.

Well my Trubor let me down today. Dozen or so malfunctions, the failure to go into battery kind... I did some tuning to the Aftec which seemed to help, but not nearly enough. Aftecs aren't "plug and play" extractors!

I just put in the Aftec from my broken gun, I am hoping that resolves the issue for tomorrow.

I managed to get through stages 7-12 today with only one Mike, despite all the issues. The times are pretty bad, but I at least completed all the courses.

I hope to have a smooth day tomorrow and do well on stages 1-6.

Well I managed to get decent runs on 3 out of 6 stages on Sunday. The Aftec from my other gun worked on one staged, then it didn't work for the next two. I decided to put in a regular 9mm 1911 extractor just to experiment, and it seemed to work for three stages in a row... For now the Trubor seems to be working.

Ended up 38th in Open, at 65%ish of Eric G. Not too shabby for clearing something like 15-18 malfunctions (Its hard to keep count past 10).

Summary of my Florida Open, thoroughly test your gear before you go!

Here is my Florida Open Video. I think all but one stage is there, I had to restart the Dock stage (that stage had malfunctions too)

Thanks Chris for the video, even if its painful to watch.

Well I bought a new frame from Phoenix Trinity. I decided its probably best to just start off fresh, rather than try to piece Frankenblue back together. There are a couple issues with that frame that are just not economical to fix.

My gunsmith said he'd be able to start on it in 2 weeks. Realistically, I should have a new gun ready by the end of April.

My Trubor seems to be shooting well. That's good news. Its still cold, but I've been going out to the range anyway

Snowmagedon 10 hitting us Sunday, so I'm going to try to shoot a little bit tomorrow.

Got to the range today, felt great! Shot 200rds through the Trubor. I think its going to be good to for Alabama and A6. That's a bit of relief.

I think it's going to be a fun year!

I've got a plan to cure my urge to shoot Single Stack. Rather than shoot SS at the Indiana SS/Prd/Rev match, I am going to shoot a G17. This may not be a good idea, bit its going to be fun. I am unclassified in Prd, but that is OK.

I think I have a buyer lined up for my SS, so that will give my some cash flow to build a new Open gun.

I received my application packet for Nationals. I need to figure out how to get to Utah for a reasonable price.

Going to practice this weekend a couple times, bring on the spring weather!

Practice yesterday was awesome! I haven't felt that good about a practice in a long time. Worked on a little bit of everything: Entry/exit, soft and hard exit, shooting on the move, near-far & far-near, and chrono'd my load.

I am having some ammo issues. I think I'm experiencing some bullet setback because I am seeing pretty high SD over the chrono. So increased my crimp 0.001 and hopefully that helps. I pulled one of my old bullets, and I definitely was not crimping at all. I tried to chrono a new batch of ammo this morning, but I think it was too sunny to get good data.