Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida State USPSA Championship Match

I would love to see the match scored with Practiscore electronic scoring. I think it really speeds up scoring a stage. I was the prime score keeper for my squad at the last SEPSA match...it's awesome!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that thread covers a lot of updates and evolutions for the software. Basically, it just requires each squad to carry an iPhone, iPod Touch, or any Android device. The system syncs with the other devices over WiFi. The stages are pre-built in the master device, as well as registration. You can import a master file from EZwin to build the initial shooter database.

Out on the stages, scorekeepers will see th ability to generate a random shooting order for their squad, and each score sheet is saved automatically as the stage is scored. When the squad is done, the device is brought in and synced with the master device and the scores merged with all the others. Practiscore then generates standings instantly by division, overall, class, etc. You will know who wins within 30 seconds of the last device getting synced.

Hey guys I saw the range master last nite at our weekly match he said the match director should be getting stages and rd count out soon and I mentioned to him thread people trying to get ahold of Charles and to pass it along.

what is the point of including a classifier stage in a match like a state match? Just wondering??

Don't know the answer. I can't recall attending a Level 2 or above that didn't have at least 1 classifier.

I guess it is sort of like the other game and their match bumps... :cheers: After getting my a$$ kicked at the Pro-Am by supposed C class shooters I kind of like the idea.

I know what you mean. Saw a C shooter beat a lot of A shooters at a recent big match.

Howdy All... The planning and logistics for the match are progressing well. We have posted a PDF with the match schedule and match info on the website. Go to - http://www.matchsignup.org/match/default.php?matchid=4 for your schedule and shooter briefing. Please contact me with any questions.

Note that we will be closing online signup on 8-22. The match is filling up quickly, so if you want to shoot, but have not signed up, I would suggest getting signed up asap! If we have any open slots, we will accept walk ups on the day(s) of the match, but I do not know if there will be slots.

Thanks,

what is the point of including a classifier stage in a match like a state match? Just wondering??

I have always included a classifier when I MD major matches. I think that how you shoot in a state level match should count towards your classifier. Like others said above, this is a major match, so people will try harder on a classifier at this match than at a local match. We will be going with a higher round count classifier, so if you are looking to place in your division/class, you are going to want to shoot it well.

Edited by baa

I have always included a classifier when I MD major matches. I think that how you shoot in a state level match should count towards your classifier. Like others said above, this is a major match, so people will try harder on a classifier at this match than at a local match. We will be going with a higher round count classifier, so if you are looking to place in your division/class, you are going to want to shoot it well.

Will the classifier remain a secret?? Only asking cause it is my first stage. :blink: