Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

102 degrees...!!!!!???? Gah!!

SiG Lady

The usually temperate and tolerable Eugene, Oregon (and Western Oregon in general) made news yesterday as one of the country's hottest places... with no end in sight for today. ohmygod. I know, I know, be glad I don't live in Phoenix or the Mojave (a friend of mine does!), but sheesh... :wacko:

It's supposed to cool down tomorrow but get furiously windy. Bummer. I have a aerial survey scheduled and the wind will dash flight plans to hell.

TL-- Usually it's about 82-87 here this time of year. Quite tolerable. Our weather this spring/summer has been glorious... until now. :blink: We're the darling of The Weather Channel at the moment. However, I note there is rain everywhere else. Go figure.

Brian-- It's right about now that the entire coastline is where many people 'escape' to. However, that long a ride in a black car causes fainting spells and I'm not into that. The interior of my car has been known to easily reach 115-120 degrees with great ease. Unacceptable.

Humidity was only about 18-20% yesterday which made it sorta tolerable, but humidity's up to 66% already this morning. Cr*p. :angry:

It was precisely this time of year (to the day, nearly) that we had one of these heat waves (101 degrees) and we were sawing and pounding, building my reload bench here... it was awful.

A friend lives in Bullhead City, AZ and deals with unspeakable Mojave-typical temps much of the time. Not unusual to be 120 or so. I can't even imagine that. :wacko::wacko:

Mostly I'm trying to keep the computer box cool. <_<

It was precisely this time of year (to the day, nearly) that we had one of these heat waves (101 degrees) and we were sawing and pounding, building my reload bench here... it was awful.

I’m taking a break from doing that very thing today! My stepdaughter and her son moved in with us unexpectedly filling the garage and forcing my to move my reloading stuff.

Except for the horribly hot weather (I left the God forsaken desert to escape this crap, you sand rats can KEEP IT) this’ll be a really GOOD thing. I just bought a 650 and loading in the garage is HOT in the summer and COLD in the winter so I’m putting a bench in my office AND my office (actually the whole house) is air-conditioned! ;)

Ed

Been running in the mid-90's here. No rain in awhile. Not like we need any more here. About 10" above average for the year. Only gonna get hotter. :blink: Love those July, August and September matches! TXAG

RnG--

Congrats on the 650 and the sophisticated move INTO the house with it. Same here. Love it just being at arm's length much of the time. Might even do a little reloading today, at that. B)

We could do with a little bit of rain about now. More for the relief than anything. But seriously, when it's THIS hot--and even remotely breezy--things dry out so quickly and so badly that FIRE is suddenly everyone's No. 1 priority. Last year Oregon nearly burned to the ground, thanks to a dry year. It not only destroyed a lot of property, it cost a lot of money. And, as everyone knows, Oregon has no more money. :P

Well, at least the measures I've taken to cool the computer seem to have worked. What they say about air circulation around the case is TRUE. The case breathes and radiates... and sometimes needs help.

The nation's weather is a little upside-down border to border today... heavy flood-rains up and down the East, Midwest, South... Cold as hell-frozen-over in Denver... blistering in the usually-tepid Northwest... I dunno.

I wouldn't live in Phoenix (or Bullhead City) for anything. I can't handle the heat. Not that kind of heat. :(:blink: Well, I might if the money was right. But, I'll tell you, it'd have to some freakin' mother-lode mega-money, for sure.

It's only scheduled to be 87 here tomorrow. Fine. <_<

I wouldn't live in Phoenix (or Bullhead City) for anything. I can't handle the heat. Not that kind of heat. :(:blink: Well, I might if the money was right. But, I'll tell you, it'd have to some freakin' mother-lode mega-money, for sure.

Just think --- enough cash = airconditioned home and car, membership to some cool gun clubs, vacations.......

I'm visiting Portland and have now seen 2 days of 100+. I'm sure someone will find a way of blaming this on me :P:P

A friend is moving in to a house and spent the day cleaning and unpacking. Not fun.

However, we do have an airconditioned car ...

Kevin

Yes, I know all about Medford, Oregon (in the south part, for those not immediately familar)... Medford was doing 104 degrees easily over the past two days. (And yes, it did reach 100 in Eugene yesterday after all.) 'Supposed to be back to normal today. I could really appreciate that right about now.

Heck, I'd LOVE to see 'down under'---but for the gun laws......

Angus--

Trouble is with Eugene, it's seldom a 'dry' heat when this happens. We have all these rivers and ponds and flowing or standing water everywhere (especially in MY neighborhood, by the way), and the moisture is inescapable... year 'round!

I saw a big moving truck roll into the complex yesterday and just felt soooooo sorry for those folks......

The usually temperate and tolerable Eugene, Oregon (and Western Oregon in general) made news yesterday as one of the country's hottest places... with no end in sight for today. ohmygod. I know, I know, be glad I don't live in Phoenix or the Mojave (a friend of mine does!), but sheesh... :wacko:

But don't worry..... the government said there is no such thing as global warming.

Merlin, we may set a record low tonight in College Station :P Amarillo is great in the evenings. Sun goes down and it actually cools off. Humidity is very low too. Winters can get a little chilly though. TXAG