Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggested mounts for c more

smsnyder

I vote for Carver.

Very good mount, sturdy, adds a bit more weight to the gun, versatile design = adapts very well to a lot of optics designs

No permanent mods to the gun. Mod is in the holster.

And Bobby stands squarely behind his products, and even if its not Carver branded, he's always willing to help and pleasant to deal w/.

I havent dealt w/ SJC directly but used one of its products via Bobby.

You have to lower the ejection port with the carver, but not with the SJC sideways mount, correct?

If you use the side way mount you do not have to lower the port.

There is nothing for the empty case to hit or catch on.

You have to lower the ejection port with the carver, but not with the SJC sideways mount, correct?

If you use the side way mount you do not have to lower the port.

There is nothing for the empty case to hit or catch on.

Thank you...I'm going to have to read up on the disadvantages to the sideways mounted C-More - figure there have to be significant disadvantages otherwise more of you guys would be running them.

I wonder if the only reason there are few glocks with them on is that there is only one available? I'm seeing lots on 2011 guns up here. Never shot one, but have one on it's way.

U only need to lower ejection port on the .40 I think and I just installed the sjc side ways mount on my g35 wasn't hard to install just took forever lot of little adjustments if I did it again I would let them install it and the carver mount limits ur holster choices u can also do a sts mount right into rear sight dove tail which is wat I had originally on my gun hope this helps check sjc website they have pics of all three of there mounts

• 3 weeks later...

I like the extra weight in Carver's mount and the fact that you don't have to drill into the polymer frame. However, the fact that you must grind down the ejection port on the slide is a major bummer in my mind. Plus, you'd probably have to get a carefully tuned ejector to make sure your rounds shoot out sideways instead of up and out.

I just don't know what's worse, having to to do all that crap or drilling holes in the polymer frame for the SJC mount. I imagine that's easier to screw up and more expensive of a problem when you do it wrong. And yes, I could send it in and have the professionals do it right, but isn't the point of building an open Glock to have fun with another DIY project? That's why I'd do it.

Anybody else struggle with the tradeoffs of each mounting option and the various ways you'd have to permanently mar your Glock?

Someday I'd like to build an open Glock, but I can't decide which disfigurement is least problematic.

I like the Carver mount and plan on getting one once I get another holster that I can modify to fit my G17 with the mount installed. If you look at how the Carver is modular in design & can be broken down into multiple pieces, you could probably replace the center where the optic mounts to. I plan on using a piece of hardened aluminum angle that is 4"X4"X1/8" thick that I have lying around. Drill & tap the Carver center mount base for at least 3 or 4 holes, measure & mount the alum. angle so that C-More can be center mounted 90 degrees. Mill & contour the alum. to match. You could have a no drill mount for a sideways C-More. I hope to get around to this in a month or two. My shoot buddy made a 90 degree mount for his EAA 9mm Witness with the same piece of alum. angle & it's still good.

I have a feeling that Bobby Carver might have something in the works like this. If not I'm sure someone will probably do something like it.

• 3 years later...