Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI 5.4"

randy01

Ok since I am in the market for a new gun for IPSC standard division my attention was drawn towards the SVI 5.4" pistol. I was unable to find much info about the gun so what do you guys think about it?

Who saw one, handled one or shot one?

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Desire S met Tapatalk

If it fits "The Box", that might be the ticket for Standard Division, but you're only picking up a little over a third of an inch of sight radius. I wouldn't sell a 5-inch gun to get one.

I don't see a 5.4 offered by SV in the US. Is that a European-only deal?

No its on the SVI website in the gunbuilder configuration. Gun types > wide body > USPSA/IPSC Limited/Standard 5.4" pistol

SVI Design Template Name: USPSA/IPSC Limited/Standard 5.4 inch Pistol

Template Description: USPSA/IPSC Limited/Standard Division Legal. This is the longest sight radius pistol that will fit the IPSC box.

But I havent seen a picture of the gun yet. I would assume it has a shorter beavertail to allow for the longer barrel/slide to fit the box

Hello: I shot one Benny Hill built a couple of years ago. It was in 40S&W with a bull barrel. It was a very soft shooting pistol and very accurate. The owner of the pistol just wanted something a little different and Benny built it for him. I believe it fit the IDPA box with the SVI magwell it had on it. It was not legal for IDPA of coarse but should fit the IPSC box. Thanks, Eric

Mine will be ready sometime soon as well. I have seen spy pictures of it allready and it is interesting to say the least. Especially considering that mine is the first of the Sight Tracker configuration for a 5.4. They are not yet popular in the US since most folks were going with 6 inch guns if they went bigger than a 5 inch. The 5.4 is just the biggest that will fit the IPSC box so it really appeals to shooters like myself who wanted to try a longer sight radius gun but didn't want to have one for USPSA and one for IPSC. Right now the 5.4 in Sight Tracker configuration is not legal in USPSA till 2013 when pretty much all the restrictions such as 500 of them manufactured go out the window in Limited Division. Then you might see more interest in them. Maybe not as many who got traditional 6 inch guns will send them back in to get redone as 6 inch Sight Trackers since those will be legal starting in 2013 as well.

Yes, when I get it, I will post pictures and answer any questions that I can. The hard part is waiting right now. When you first order, it is no big deal since the delivery date is down the road. When you are this close, the anticipation just keeps building. And it gets worse as you go.......I feel like a kid the week before Christmas looking at all the presents under the tree wondering which one is mine and knowing something incredible is in there for me. Brandon made me feel better yesterday when he told me whose guns he was working on getting finsished as they are both friends of mine and referrals to SV. But still......even though they are friends, you want your own stuff. Can't wait to see and shoot the new gun.

I've shot some of the 5.4 Brandon Strayer brought to Germany last year.

Both ran like a sewing machine (hey, what did you expect ? ;-) )and feel very soft.

We shot them with two different loads, both making major for IPSC and both pistols proved to be very controlable at high speed.

Current Standard world Champion was there also and shot a couple of mags out of it, and now I see on the forum that he's getting a 5.4 built !

Infinity 5.4 Picture gallery

In the gallery, you'll see the two pistols we tried.

But keep one thing in mind : Infinity pistols are built to YOUR specs, so the options available for these pistols are too long to be listed here. They are just two examples of the magic that happens in the factory.

I've shot some of the 5.4 Brandon Strayer brought to Germany last year.

Both ran like a sewing machine (hey, what did you expect ? ;-) )and feel very soft.

We shot them with two different loads, both making major for IPSC and both pistols proved to be very controlable at high speed.

Current Standard world Champion was there also and shot a couple of mags out of it, and now I see on the forum that he's getting a 5.4 built !

Infinity 5.4 Picture gallery

In the gallery, you'll see the two pistols we tried.

But keep one thing in mind : Infinity pistols are built to YOUR specs, so the options available for these pistols are too long to be listed here. They are just two examples of the magic that happens in the factory.

The one with the left handed mag release is mine. I really like the balance of the gun compared to 5" or 6" guns. I would take more pics of it, but they would not turn out as good as the ones in the slide show.

While Dave's is a bushing gun, mine is a bull Sight Tracker configuration. That way it will be the same as my 5 inch gun. Can't wait to get this pistol and try it out. When the stork delivers it, I will do pictures and let you guys know all the particulars.

Now that Brandon is back from Europe, the rest of you people should leave him alone for 3 weeks so he can finish mine, Dave's and a few of my friends guns first.....then you all can hassle him. Those should be the new rules.

Roy,

Money Speaks!

I am offering a 25% premium over your cost for the gun. He is contemplating the offer. "Your Gun" may get lost in New Mexico while in transit to MI. Sorry about that!