Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS

lucky #7

new ones are very hard to find these days.

your best bet if you want to find one right away might be looking for a used one.

I think burning squirrels was looking to sell his. might send him a PM.

closet thing that CZ Custom can do is build a CTS .40 gun. Let me know if you think that might be an option.

Sure, the CTS is an option. In what ways is a CTS superior to a TS? I need to justify the cost difference to myself. Also, can it be customized past what is on the CZ Custom website? For instance with the larger mag well instead of the IPSC box model. Also, any idea why it ships with stock mags? Seems odd that it doesn't include base pads to get the capacity up to 20 or 21 out of the box. Sorry for all the questions, but I really don't know much about the CTS.

The CTS is the only way to go in my book. It has all the mods you will want to have done to your TS out the door for less than you will be able to do it later and the slide and barrel are hand fit. Personally I wouldn't consider the TS now that the CTS is out.

It has all the mods you will want to have done to your TS out the door for less than you will be able to do it later and the slide and barrel are hand fit.

I would never, ever buy a CTS because I do NOT want the dustcover cut back. I don't mind the standard TS grip frame, so I don't really want to pay for the grip reduction either. I also don't want the sights that are in the CTS package. Aside from the hand-fit slide/barrel, I have everything else on my TS, and it cost hundreds of dollars less than a CTS. My TS is also ridiculously accurate, so I don't see the need to pay for the hand-fitting either.

The CTS is only a deal over a stock TS if you specifically want the frame cut up. Some of us don't.

[

The CTS is only a deal over a stock TS if you specifically want the frame cut up. Some of us don't.

Sacrilege!!! Just kidding. I've shot both full and cutback. Neither way is noticably superior to me, just slightly different. I was speaking more to the grip reduction. I think that one is pretty much unanimously a popular mod. Figure what it would cost to do that, refinish the frame, toss on the extended safety, add the uber magwell, the sights.....well you don't like those either. I imagine the cost would be close for you and if the cutback frame is a deal killer for you then none of the other stuff matters.

Ah well, that is why everyone doesn't shoot the same gun!

• 2 weeks later...

If you plan on modifying your weapon in anyway similar to the CTS, you might strongly consider it. I'm still in the middle of a IPSC Standard mod. I have removed the cast checkering and undercut the trigger guard and beavertail. With all the darn time I already have in labor, I think the CTS is a bargain. Of course I enjoy screwing with things, so the process is half the fun. If you don't or want to get shooting right away, you might think about the CTS. Just my opinion, of course.

I wonder if the full dust cover was so important that you could choose not to have it removed? It would be less labor for CZ Custom not to cut it off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...