Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

baby Desert Eagle II / Jericho 941

• 5 weeks later...

Certain things will work from CZs and EAA Witness', so don't look for gear just labeled "Baby Eagle" or "Jericho".

Certain holsters can be made to work with very little/no effort and certain CZ/Witness mags work to varying levels, especially the aftermarket ones.

Oh, I forgot, if you are looking for "Baby Eagle" stuff, be certain it's for the Jericho action, and not the other BE, which is a rebranded Walther 99 / S&W SW99. Nothing I know of is interchangeable with those.

baby_eagle_C5_0082sm.jpg

• 2 months later...

Ugh...temptation. I found what is probably a deal on a Baby Eagle. This one hasn't really been broken in and comes with 2 mags. The gun looks to be stainless, not blued.

- What would be a good price range on this gun?

- How does the weight compare to other CZ pattern guns?

- Are the trigger components same/similar to a CZ? (trigger job?)

- What is the difference between a Baby Eagle and a Baby Eagle II? This gun does not have a light rail. Would that make it an older gun, with polygon rifling?

- Any other thoughts?

I bought a slightly used one for $450, It was a Jericho 941 9mm. At the time I also had a CZ-75b to compare it to and the Jericho was noticeably heavier. DA was very smooth (about 10lbs). I sold it after 2 weeks and never really gave it a chance.

Ugh...temptation. I found what is probably a deal on a Baby Eagle. This one hasn't really been broken in and comes with 2 mags. The gun looks to be stainless, not blued.

- What is the difference between a Baby Eagle and a Baby Eagle II? This gun does not have a light rail. Would that make it an older gun, with polygon rifling?

- Any other thoughts?

My 941 with the rail feels slightly heavier than my CZ Shadow.

Trigger components are similar but not interchangeable with CZ. The gun is made by Tanfoglio and is very similar to the EAA witness. I think most EAA and Tanfo parts will fit, depending on the model.

My gun is new and has polygon rifling, most of them do have polygon rifling. The newer guns have rails, the older ones do not.

I like the gun, after a little tweaking my DA is about 7 pounds and my SA is about 2 pounds.

The shiny guns are not stainless, they are chrome steel which is harder than stainless.

I like the 941 better than my Stock 2.It is tighter and the fit is better in my opinion. I also like it better than my Shadow. The trigger can be improved without much effort.

Edited by hal1955

- Any other thoughts?

Price - I think the brushed chrome models are $600'ish. I would say a "good" price is $400

Weight - Definitely heavier. It has a full dust cover.

Trigger - yes similar, but not the same. They are Tanfoglio guns and some stuff swaps over, but the Baby Eagle's have a decocker instead of a frame safety so its a different system than any Tanfoglio or CZ I have seen. I have not tried to modify mine at all. Its surprisingly smooth (well after 8K rounds now).

Rifling - It should have polygonal rifling and they are quite accurate (like CZ's, Tanfoglios)

Thoughts - They are awesome guns. IMHO they are better made (tighter, smoother) than similar "combat" weapons (CZ, Tanfoglio) yet are still very reliable. I've had little to no issues with mine. However as stated above parts and accessories are limited. If you are just looking for another cool, reliable piece then this is a good choice. As for running production with it, it would be a good gun stock, but you won't be able to do much to it. You can get holsters from COM and Bladetech, and MecGar makes good mags, so those 2 things are covered. I don't remember ever seeing any sights for it.

You can PM me if you want more info.