Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun gear

I am going to start getting into three gun a bit. I shot alot of IDPA right now. I think that I have the hardware covered.

shotgun: SLP MK1 22" blue force sling

Riffle: custom 223 16" blue force sling

Pistol: STI eagle 40"

I have a blade tech holster and mag pouch for the STI.

I still need a few thing and was wondering what you guys are using.

1) Case, I was thinking about getting one of the three gun cases to carry all the equipment in one bag, either the safariland or the voodoo bag.

2) Mag pouch for AR mags, not sure what to do here.

3) Shot shell caddy for shot gun shells, no idea here either.

And if there is anything that I overlooked let me know.

PS sorry if this has been posted before....

Theogre

Safariland and Voodoo both make good bags.

Blade Tech or Safariland for AR mag pouches.

Shotshell caddies...Check out our dealer forum Carbon Arms and look at the TWinS systems. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a note or give me a call.

I'm new too, here's what I did:

1. Condor Outdoor double bag

2. Blade Tech AR mag pouches with tek-lok

3. California Competition Works 6 shell caddy

This set me up just find for an IDPA multi-gun match. My friend made one of those jogger 3gun carts. I will be doing the same shortly as hauling bags is not fun.

AP Custom 4x4 Shell Caddies with Tec-Lock... Same real-estate as any other shell caddie but 8 rounds, and the tec-lock makes it easy to take on and off between stages without having to take anything else on or off the belt...

I am going to start getting into three gun a bit. I shot alot of IDPA right now. I think that I have the hardware covered.

shotgun: SLP MK1 22" blue force sling

Riffle: custom 223 16" blue force sling

Pistol: STI eagle 40"

I have a blade tech holster and mag pouch for the STI.

I still need a few thing and was wondering what you guys are using.

1) Case, I was thinking about getting one of the three gun cases to carry all the equipment in one bag, either the safariland or the voodoo bag.

2) Mag pouch for AR mags, not sure what to do here.

3) Shot shell caddy for shot gun shells, no idea here either.

And if there is anything that I overlooked let me know.

PS sorry if this has been posted before....

Theogre

As said above either the Safariland or the Voodoo bags will work well. I have an Eberelestock Gunslinger II back pack and I'm happy with it. A lot of guys use carts with and/or without a bag. You may want to go to a couple matches first before spending a lot of cash on bags.

AR Mags Pouches - Bladetech, Safariland, they are all pretty good.

Shot Shell Caddies - If possible try and decide which load technique will be your primary Shotgun load system. Weak hand or the Load Two system. There are many, many videos on each. If you choose the Weak Hand system then there are a bunch of choices. The Man Mountain Caddies are probably the best (IMHO). If you choose the Load Two system then your choices narrow a bit, but keep in mind that some of the Load Two options can also be used using the Weak Hand system.

FWIW, I've attached an "Intro to Multigun" file to this post that we use at our club. Some of it is pretty basic and some of it is club specific, but it may give you some ideas.

Steve

IntrotoMultigun.pdf

Edited by SteveT-NV

Thanks everyone for you feed back.

I just bout the safariland 4556 case. I really liked the delux voodoo model but it would not hold the 22" slp.

My bladetech holster has screws in it that i can tighten to tighten the fit of the gun, and i carry if fairly tight. I have not had any issues to date (knock on wood)

I will be getting caddies ordered soon, thanks again!

Everyone has given ya sound advise. All I will add is lose the slings.. you don`t need em on 99% of the stages you will shoot. They will catch on something when you least want em to, like your pistol, a barricade, or just generally get in your way.. Carry them in your bag, and have them if you need them.

Good luck and welcome to 3 gunning...

CS

Thanks everyone for you feed back.

I just bout the safariland 4556 case. I really liked the delux voodoo model but it would not hold the 22" slp.

My bladetech holster has screws in it that i can tighten to tighten the fit of the gun, and i carry if fairly tight. I have not had any issues to date (knock on wood)

I will be getting caddies ordered soon, thanks again!

The nice thing about the having the adjusters is you can change the tension according to the stage. If you are starting out with your pistol you can loosen them up for a quicker draw. If you are moving first them tighten them, alot easier then an allen wrench. I think the are about $5, good investment.

gerritm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same question of sorts. I'm looking at the Blade Tech AR mag carrier, and the Safariland mag carrier. The Safariland can be tilted to different angles,but I was wondering if the Blade Tech could be tilted as well?

The Blade Tech mag carrier that I have has a teclok on it and can be canted.

Hurley

I like to use the Safariland ALS holster as it has an active lock, it's fast on the draw and gives me that little bit of extra security when I have to move. As far as the rest of the suggestions you can't go wrong with any of them. I like the Bladetech AR mag pouch with the tech lock. Good luck

The best Weakhand Caddys are the Man Mountain Engineering Caddys. Make Ready Pro Shop has them cheaper than anywhere.

If you going to use the load two method the Carbon Arms and TACCOM units are nice. I got mine from The Shooters Source.

Blade Tel w/tec lock makes a great AR mag pouch.

I have several Voodoo Tactical bags. I also like the Brownells 3 gun bag.