Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JM Pro 8+1

TreyK

That seems to be the consensus. I got 9 in mine in stock form the first time I took it out. :devil: There wasn't much room left so I wouldn't want to do it too often as it would probably wreck the mag spring. I do plan on getting a 1 1/2" extension, cause, why not.... I also plan on making a plug so it won't fit 9 for use in those matches where that can get you bumped to open. :sight:

Why is an extended chock a must? I will be looking for a LM, but why extended? Just for the ease of changing?

1. Yes for the ease of changing. Imagine the setup in post #3 with a flush choke, theres a good chance the tool will hit the mag tube and so you would be turning it about 1/4 turn at a time until you could turn by hand.

2. Many extended chokes are marked on the extended portion allowing you to verify the choke without removing.

3. To add to #1, you don't want to be wasting time changing chokes when you could be going over your stage plan. The less you have to do between stages=more time thinking/ rehearsing the stage.

4. There may be times after seeing another shooter struggle with some heavy steel that you deciede you want a tighter choke, with the extended choke you possibly have the time to change before your on deck.

David E.

Edited by Nuke8401

The most important reason I got extended chokes is for ease of checking and tightening choke tube quickly and frequently.

I was shocked when my "tight" factory choke tube was found to be loose after a dozen rounds. Now I check before and after I shoot.

Hopefully no mo surprises.

Cheapest extended/sporting clays tubes I found were Colonial Arms. A little inside polishing and they are GTG.

Mark

The 500 and 930 take the Accu-Choke and Carlsons makes those. I guess since the 930 is so new, they haven't updated their website. If you go to Mossbergs website, they list their chokes for 500 and 930 for the Accu-Choke style.

Gosh, now you got me thinking unsure.gif

I hope I got this right...If I didn't, please someone correct me. Thanks!

I'm getting the Carlson's extended tubes on order tonight and also the Nordic extension.

I got to shoot my JM930 for the first time today and I'm really impressed!

Carlson offers tubes for the 500 and the 835/935. Which one fits the 930?

http://www.choketube.com/index.php

Yep, those worked. I got a few Carlsons Extended from Midway, they had a great deal and amazingly fast shipping. Anyway, for anyone buying chokes for the 930, they are the Accu-Choke line.

Im still trying to wrap my head around why you guys would opt for the 22" gun over the 24" gun and then strive to turn it into a 24" gun after you have it. wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy the 24 to begin with? i guess it could just be catering to the sickness that most of us possess......anything works better with a little modification.........

Im still trying to wrap my head around why you guys would opt for the 22" gun over the 24" gun and then strive to turn it into a 24" gun after you have it. wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy the 24 to begin with? i guess it could just be catering to the sickness that most of us possess......anything works better with a little modification.........

Because if we get a 24" gun, we'll eventually turn it into a 26" gun roflol.gif

Has anyone found online dealers that are stocking the 8+1 right now? I've been waiting for grabagun to get them back in stock for a month.

I was at a match yesterday and a buddy there told me he just purchased one from Buds a few days, he's expecting it Monday or Tuesday to arrive at his FFL...Keep checking them possibly

is it worth it just for 1 round? I've been looking into this for my Benelli M1 and really wish I could get a +2 out of it

I hope so.

I added the XXL Nordic cap and a bright orange follower (with spring guide)

This: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/218305/choate-high-visibility-magazine-follower-mossberg-500-600-12-gauge-polymer-orange

I can now get 9 and 1/2 shells in there. The orange follower was added because I can see that I am empty a heck of a lot easier than with the standard short black follower and the orange one is stopping me from getting a 10th shell in the tube. For now I am OK with that.

Also added a Briley LM extended choke. I think maybe it is tricked out enough. Maybe...

Spend a number of years getting in and out of Bradleys, HMMWVs and pickups, etc and a few inches of length starts to mean something! Granted, most of the time it is no big deal with what we do in 3-gun, but watch for those times that someone's weapon tip catches a wall, barrel etc. Was brought home to me at the Rockcastle/AR15 last year when on the first staqe I had to use my rifle from in the car, then get out of the little car sitting flat on the ground with the rifle for some more targets.

Not to mention, like was said above- when don't we stick some things on the front of our long guns?