Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Planning to replace the trigger on my Gen G34

Nimitz

I have a stock G34 (except for the sights) that I've been running in production since Jan and I'm finally ready to do a trigger job. I want to shorten pre travel, over travel and trigger reset to help with my trigger control. I've done some limited research & it would appear the Zev Technologies STD Deluex Trigger Kit is the answer if you believe their marketing. Anyone have this in their G34? Are their other options I should consider? Also, is a switch from the plastic to Tungsten guide rod worth it or is it just hype about less felt recoil? Would the SS guide rod be the answer then?

The only reason it wouldn't be allowed is if it's added weight put you over the 2oz limit. How do you like the trigger? What weight recoil spring do you have?

I'm currently using 124g 9mm reloads with a PF of 130-134. Is a SS guide rod with 13# spring the right combo for this?

That's the combo that a good number of people are running.

is there any real difference to running the Tungsten vice SS rod?

Aside from a slight weight difference, not really. I'm running the GW tungsten rod with a 13# GW spring and a Glocktriggers.com Vogel. It's worked very well for me, and I like the feel.

I heard the tungsten is supposed to help with recoil mgmt due to its increased weight but at twice the price I'm wondering is this just another of those gimmicks or can you really see a difference?

I finally shot my G34 after putting 3.5lb Ghost connector, trigger spring, plunger spring......and the difference was like night and day. I love the way it feels now, but plan to add the reduced weight striker spring and 13lb recoil spring just to see if I like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I heard the tungsten is supposed to help with recoil mgmt due to its increased weight but at twice the price I'm wondering is this just another of those gimmicks or can you really see a difference?

Recoil management is one of those things where it's totally "the feel" that feels right to you. Some folks like light, snappy guns. Others prefer the slower, "lopey" feel. That's where bullet/powder selection, combined with guide rod and spring choices, can individualize the gun's feel for you.

I hate to use the old Internet adage, but "YMMV". Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

Understood, there didn't seem to be any definitive view that Tungsten was better than SS so I think I'll stick with my orginial plan then of getting the STD Delux Trigger Kit, SS guide rod & 13# recoil spring ...

i ran an extended tungsten guide rod in my G34 while I waiting on my G35 to come in. It was noticibly different because of the weight. Id definately does put you over weight for production. I ususally run the SS with a 13# spring and vanek drop in kit. The normal tungsten puts you right at the edge with production weight. IMHO go with the stainless, save some money.

... The normal tungsten puts you right at the edge with production weight. IMHO go with the stainless, save some money.

You sure that it put you over? My production gun is a Glock 35 with Warren Sevigny sights, 3.5 Ghost connector, titanium striker and firing pin safety along with lighter springs and a extended tungsten guide rod from Speed Shooter Specialties. Gun has been weight at 2 matches this year, South Carolina sectional and Area 6, with no problems. When we weighed it at SSS with the stock striker and plunger I had a bout 1/4 ounce under. At SC they said it was 29.1 ounces (a 35 can go up to 29.6) but I think it was low. Area 6 I almost missed the weight but think it was 29.3, 3/10 under.

For those looking, the tungsten is much heavier than the steel guide rod, but is also is about the spring. Anything over 13lb recoil spring makes the muzzle dip for me. As it is, there is so small a muzzle rise when shooting 135-140PF 40 caliber ammo. Granted I have big hands, but the picture that Stefan Wendland (great picture- even with me in it!) took at the Area 6 match shows the gun in full recoil and 3 pieces of brass in the air. I think I am getting it dialed in, just as I am thinking of changing to Limited for awhile :rolleyes:

post-25515-0-06230000-1336690746_thumb.j