Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil Springs for M&P pro 9

MNS

Ive been using a 14 lbs recoil spring with no problems with 147 gr bullets. I also have a reduced power striker spring. I tried an 11 lbs recoil spring but that was to light for the gun to be reliable.

I was thinking of running a 13# ISMI recoil spring for uspsa production. Anyone have any experience?

I use a 13 with 147's at 130 PF and like the feel.

I do as well.

I was thinking of running a 13# ISMI recoil spring for uspsa production. Anyone have any experience?

I use a 13 with 147's at 130 PF and like the feel.

I do as well.

Same here.

• 1 month later...

I started getting a misfire about every 200 rounds with my 13 lb spring. Not a light primer hit, but no primer hit. The spring didn't have 1K rounds on it. I spoke to Dan Burwell who strongly suggested going back to the original recoil spring system. Sometimes the gun does not go all the way back into battery with the lighter spring according to Dan.

I switched but haven't had a match since, so time will tell.

I just switched to a 13 lbs. ISMI in my 9mm Pro running MG 124gr JHP @ 134 PF. I did notice reduced recoil, but had one odd failure in about 200 rds. The slide locked back with one rd still left in the mag. I'll prob take DB's advice and switch back to at least my 5K stock spring. The new stock springs are super stiff.

• 1 month later...

I started getting a misfire about every 200 rounds with my 13 lb spring. Not a light primer hit, but no primer hit. The spring didn't have 1K rounds on it. I spoke to Dan Burwell who strongly suggested going back to the original recoil spring system. Sometimes the gun does not go all the way back into battery with the lighter spring according to Dan.

I switched but haven't had a match since, so time will tell.

in your situation u can try using a lighter striker spring, that will solve the not going into battery issue

• 1 year later...

Pending on combined spring wt's with a 11lb recoil spring can lead to an Out of BaTTerY firing!!!

I am running a 12lb on a kkm comped barrel with a 2 ports.... And gonna see if wolf has a 13lb that will fit my 5" core.

Key factor is comp weight is it so heavy that you have to run a recoil that risk a out of battery firing on a striker fired gun?

A lot of varibles when running a comp on a striker fired gun....

Be safe

A12243

• 1 month later...