Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM Drop in Trigger

markm59

I dropped a PRP Match set in my 4.5" and it works great. Just a little fitting with the trigger overtravel stop to make sure I get the sear movement to let the striker go. Get some fine sandpaper for the metal parts, just in case. Make sure to go slow so you don't lose springs in the carpet or across the room.

PRP has a video on YouTube which shows you how easy the kit is to use.

There are dozens of reviews over on XDTalk.com about that kit (and the other PRP kits, too). They all agree that the PRP triggers are excellent.

Their match kit would be for someone with a tiny bit of skill, their drop-in kit can be used even in the absence of skill ;) -- just watch the video a few times to see if you're comfortable trying it.

PRP customer service is also legendary -- sending your gun to them is always an option.

I also installed the PRP Ultimate Match kit in my 5.25 XDm. Never had really done any gun smithing before, just watched the videos on youtube, then followed the videos while doing the work. Just take your time and check the fit often, really was not that difficult looking back.

+1 on the PRP Ultimate match kit....not exactly drop in as there was some fitting required, but not difficult at all. The hardest part for me was getting the dissasembley lever out since I couldn't get a good grip on it...otherwise it was a cake walk with lots of testing as I took very little off at a time. My 5.25 is a different gun with this trigger, it took care of the only thing I dislike about the XDMs, the long trigger travel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an xdm 5.25 with the PRP drop in trigger! It is remarkable the difference it makes. I also have a 4.5 as a home defense/ back up gun that still has the stock trigger. It is incredible the difference between the two. I would highly recommend the prp drop in trigger, and it is easy to install!

I installed a PRP Drop-In Trigger last week and I'm all thumbs. Most of the pre-travel is gone, trigger pull went from 6 lbs. to 4.5 lbs, and if there is any over-travel it's unnoticeable. Yes, the trigger resets faster too. I don't know what the pull weight would be with the blue competition springs, I didn't use them. A jaw dropper compared to the factory trigger.

Sorry for the lousy picture, I need a new camera...

FinishedTriggerJob-Copy.jpg

I had to settle my curiosity about the blue competition springs that came with my PRP Drop-In Trigger so I installed them last night. I also put in a solid stainless recoil spring guide and titanium striker safety from Pistol Gear. Trigger pull went down another 1/2 pound so now it's right at 4 lbs. I was worried that it might not be reliable with the CCI-500s I use but it sets them off no trouble. I think I'm finish tinkering with it (for now!)

HollowFactoryRecoilSpringGuide.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished the PRP trigger. I have giant fingers and need help installing skate tape but I was able to pull it off without smashing my computer in a rage fit. The difference is amazing. Night and day. Mine had a horrible trigger on it. Worse than any Glock I have fired. The PRP trigger is perfect and I wont be changing a thing.

• 1 month later...

I just put in the ultimate trigger kit in last night.... It was simple just read the paper it comes with and follow the video and it seemed to be pretty easy. I will say that I had to pull the trigger in and out 20 times lol. Just due to I didn't want to take to much material from it not the sear when I installed it... But take ur time and it fills great