Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 625 JM

cbmax

Hi All,

Here is a quick picture of my S&W 625 JM. It has an action job done by Clark Cutom, Hogue grips, SDM fiber Optic front sight, white outline rear sight and an SDM cylinder latch.

I am still practicing with the gun before I attempt a match.

CB

post-20368-0-90876400-1335494202_thumb.j

Hi All,

Here is a quick picture of my S&W 625 JM. It has an action job done by Clark Cutom, Hogue grips, SDM fiber Optic front sight, white outline rear sight and an SDM cylinder latch.

I am still practicing with the gun before I attempt a match.

CB

Looks like mine, except mine was Carmonized!

Hi,

I couldn't bring myself to have the hammer bobbed just yet! I still wanted to leave my options open for shooting single action should the need ever rise.

What exactly is the benefit to te bobbed hammer anyway?

CB

cbmax, for me the reason to bob the hammer is so the hammer spur does not hit the web of my hand between the thumb and forefinger. I grip extremely high on the Revo. Having less mass will allow the hammer to fall faster and that will allow you to lighten the main spring tension by tweaking the trigger or cutting the mainspring screw down. There is the thing about lockup time but I pay little attention to that. :devil: later rdd

I hear ya on the faster lock time. At my skill level it probably won't make a difference for me. I grip he revolver high too but my hands are smaller so I never had a issue with hammer bite!

Yesterday I "pulled the trigger" on a Performance Center 625. I havean STI Limited, G24 Limited, G35 L:imited and an STI Open gun. this will be my first serious attempt at revolver shooting since the early 80's (Model 66 duty gun at work). I just got the urge to own one.

Normally I shoot a S&W 25-2 and on occasions a CZ75 TS but have been looking for a S&W 610 or a S&W 625.

Well my local gun shop has one of each. My normal inclination would be to just buy both but my budget is limited this year therefore I have the problem of which one should I get. Any suggestions.

Never fired a 610 so I'm not much help on it but I do have 4 625's and a 25-2 in various configurations. I also have 2 souped up 627's a 686 and a full on Model 10. The N frames, especially the 625's, are the easiest to reload fast and the size helps w/ recoil. Important in a 250 round match. :cheers:

I have 4 625s and I love every one of them , they are easy to load round nose with the moonclip and are a lot of fun to shoot, I dont have a 625 performance center gun yet but have a 629 it is fantastic , GET THE SMITH you wont be sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...