Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

shooting snakes (garter)

-JQ-

GF found this "giant" in the garden yesterday...I shot it with a 135mm (lens that is). He looks freshly fed and happy in the sun...maybe I was a snake in a past life. I don't keep snakes as pets but certainly don't have a fear of them...I meant they aren't spiders after all...those are scary :surprise:

After the photo shoot he was off to eat more vermin in the rose garden.

post-12620-0-62393500-1334585117_thumb.j

Edited by -JQ-

I can't get the other pics to load...lets try one more...or not...well there are more but the upload isn't taking them this am.

Edited by -JQ-

Beautiful. I love snakes so long as they aren't venomous in an area where people or pets might get hurt. I used to work in the ER. We saw snake bites on occasion, and every now and then someone would bring in the offending snake. One was a gorgeous copper head that they thankfully had let live. We took it out and let it go in a safe area the next day. I tossed it onto a sandy creek bank and it completely vanished with the camouflage. Anyway, keep up the good shooting and post more when/if able.

• 2 weeks later...

GF found this "giant" in the garden yesterday...I shot it with a 135mm (lens that is). He looks freshly fed and happy in the sun...maybe I was a snake in a past life. I don't keep snakes as pets but certainly don't have a fear of them...I meant they aren't spiders after all...those are scary :surprise:

After the photo shoot he was off to eat more vermin in the rose garden.

:cheers:

That's the little devil that got Adam in trouble. Don't have any hot pictures of Eve as well do you? :D

Isn't that like asking for hot pictures of your great99grandmother?

Since she's your grandma as well, it's like I'd be looking at hot pics of your grandmother. :devil::sight:

• 2 weeks later...

Snakes do not last very long in my neighborhood. I have Road Runners. They eat almost everything.

However, I also have hawks. A hawk snatched a Road Runner right in front of my house a few months ago.

I should add, I had a coyote on the bike path this morning-about 10 yards aways. It was a young pup.